)(20)(

Above: Alberto Rosende as Simon Lewis

Recap:     Clary slowly walked over to my side and wrapped her arms around my waist. I drape my arm over her shoulder, pressing her closer. "They are a good couple," Clary whispers so softly that only we could hear each other. "I guess so," I whisper back.

====

Dominique

We land in The Gard and my eyes immediately dart around the room. There stood some Shadowhunters talking in the hallways while we pass them. I see their faces and shrink a little next to Jonathan.

They look at us in pure disgust. 

Jonathan sees my face and he wraps an arm around my shoulders, pressing me tighter towards him. This only increases the disgust in the faces of the other Shadowhunters. I hear them whispering Jonathan's name, but not only his..

"Herondale-" "Angel kid-" "Valentine's second daughter-" "Sister of Jace Herondale-" Jonathan holds me even tighter and I have the feeling I can't breathe. "Don't listen to them.. they don't know what is going on," Jon whispers.

"I know, but that doesn't make it less hard to be here. Is it possible that our old home still stands next to Lake Lyn?" "Maybe, I wouldn't know. We can always check it later if you like." "Sure," I respond, smiling up at him.

Okay, why is he so tall and am I so short? This is unfair! Jon smiles, seeing my face, and kisses me on my nose. I giggle and lean back. 

"Can you cut this off please? I don't like seeing this," Jace says. I stick my tongue out at him and move closer to Jon. "Well, just don't look then!" "Ugh, sisters.. why are they made?" "Exactly," Jon laughs, receiving a glare from Clary.

I noticed that Clary and Jon's relationship was a lot better. They grew together like the brother and sister they had to be. It was cute. 

We reached the room where the Downworlders council would meet with the Clave. Jon sits down on one of the chairs, me on his left and Clary on his right. Jocelyn, Luke, Jace, Alec, Magnus, Izzy and Simon gather around the round table. 

The doors open once again and Raphael comes inside with Consul Penhallow and her husband Patrick and the Inquisitor, Robert Lightwood. Behind him walks Maryse. Luke, Magnus and Raphael sit down on their seats as the 'Downworlders'.

I grab Jon's hand tightly when I feel Raphael's gaze on me. I look up and see his eyes burning my face while he watches every single move of me.

"Little Dominique Seraphina Morgenstern," he snaps. Then, his gaze turns to Jonathan. "And the monster called Jonathan Morgenstern. Brother and adoptive sister. I thought you only did fullblooded incest."

Jonathan stands up and growls at him. His green eyes burn with anger and I instantly move a little away from him. I can't do anything about it, it's automatism! 

"Raphael, stop provoking," Luke orders. "Why would I? This girl is responsible for our trip to Edom! Don't you all remember that that boy threatened to kill me, Jocelyn, Jace, everyone! What a good sister you are that you side with the devil," Raphael snaps, looking at me with his last remark.

"Jonathan isn't the devil! We all make mistakes, don't we.. Raphael Santiago? You wanted so selfishly to be free that you would kill Magnus, your friend and the one who helped you when you were just a newborn vampire, for it," I yell, standing up next to Jonathan.

Jon grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Dom.. calm down.. don't be angry. He is just irritating you, Jace forgave you. Didn't you, Jonathan Herondale," Jon asks, looking at my brother. He smiles at me. "Of course I forgave you little sis," he says with a grin on his lips.

I smile back and Jonathan throws an arm around my shoulder. "See, Raphael? Everyone forgave Dominique. Maybe you should do the same?" "Not even over a hundred decades," Raphael snaps.

He storms out of the room. I fall back on my bum in the chair and Jonathan sits calmly next to me. He softly grabs my hand and sighs. "Sorry if I brought any problems to you Dom." "No Jonathan.. don't be sorry. If I have problems, I have to carry them myself." I give him a kiss on his lips.

Izzy sighs deeply, making an 'aww' sound. Everyone turns to look at her, even we. "What? It's cute!"