~Chapter 20- Scatter~

Nice short one for you and here we get to see what's going on behind closed doors...

This chapter is dedicated to @mlisspanda for her huge amount of votes! Thank you so much! 

 ~Chapter 20 - Scatter~

Saturday May 28th, 11:48 p.m

Library

“What do you want?”

“She's been moved to a cabin.”

The young man rolled his eyes. “Yes, I know that. The whole community knows that! Tell me something useful!” he hissed. He then sighed and asked calmly, “She hasn't had any attacks?”

“No.”

“What about Lora? What does she know about her?”

“Just what Maria told her,” his contact replied with a shrug.

“Is there anything she didn't tell us at the council meeting?”

The contact shook his head. “I don't know for sure,” he replied, sweeping his calloused hand over his very short hair.

“What about Lora and Nik? He was very reluctant to talk about that at the council meeting.”

“No one's told her. Nik made them swear not to.”

The young man snapped his head up. “Interesting,” he purred thoughtfully. “When did you find this out?”

“Yesterday. I know someone who likes to gossip,” the contact said with a mischievous grin.

“Hmm. See what else our gossiper knows.”

The taller man bowed his head ever so slightly in compliance. “Another thing... Jaz doesn't know who he really is,” he added.

The young man frowned. “Meaning?”

“She doesn't know he's the Pack Leader. And she doesn't know his real name.”

The young man raised his brows. “You mean he's keeping it from her...?”

The taller man nodded.

The young man grinned menacingly. “Oh, that is interesting. Nik has a crush on the new girl. Two sisters. You dirty dog.”

“What are your orders?”

The young man turned to him. “Watch her. I want you to keep a close eye on her. Tell me when or if she Changes, tell me who she's close to, anything you can find out. Especially if it involves Nik.”

“I'll meet you here the same time next week, unless it's urgent.”

The sound of someone passing by the library entrance made the two of them scatter away, like cockroaches from the light.