PART I, CHAPTER 1: The Mysterious Place

[A / N: Guys, please don't mind the number of reads and votes, and especially the comments. It's just memories of the original story that I had and disliked and deleted. Because it's still my work, I decided not to delete the old comments hahahah.]

PART I, CHAPTER 1: The Mysterious Place

SUNNY

"Here, son." Mr. Yang led me inside the office, then pointed to the guest chair. "Sit down."

I immediately span the chair around like a kid sitting on an office chair for the first time, but Mr. Yang didn't even mind. (The first time I've been in his office during last year's book fair, he even imitated me.)

"So, I'm sure you know why I called you here." he smiled as he sat on his chair. "Your story."

I grinned and studied his face. "By that expression of yours, I'm sure you didn't understand the synopsis I sent you last night."

"Most definitely not, son." he tapped his wrinkly forehead. "Besides, a synopsis is not enough for me to digest everything."

I made a turn going to the right. "Yeah, I kinda expected this anyway. My intuition told me you're gonna call me to your office by the next day." I sniffed the room's perfume. "Ahh, I missed this place."

"Wait," he fixed his glasses. "Am I actually disturbing you at this hour?"

"No, sir." I stopped. "I am pretty much free today, as you can see. No homeworks, no group works, no projects, no meetings, no hangouts and no fr—" I suddenly recalled Mr. Yang is too enthusiastic and I didn't want to kill his energy. "No fries! Fries always distract me, I just love fries!"

That made the old author laugh. "Don't worry, Sunny. I'll treat you some fires after this appointment of ours, that's a promise."

"Really?" I showed him my puppy eyes. "You will?!"

"Of course!" he fiddled his messy white hair. "I just need you to answer my questions first."

Oof, did he suddenly went on a serious tone?

"Damn, sir." I faked a cough. "You sounded like a detective in a crime series."

He laughed again. "Did I? That's just me being serious."

"I know, I know, sir. Now, please go ask me the questions. I'm dying to know what you want to know."

"Alright," he mumbled. "Maybe I want you first to tell me how it all started."

"You want me to narrate the whole thing, sir?!"

"Do it chapter by chapter. For now, begin with the first chapter—where it started."

I snapped my fingers in a surprisingly loud volume. "Copy that, sir. But please, prepare yourself. Are you ready?"

"Absolutely," he said, and I began.

***

It was just another boring day in school. Or so I thought.

As usual, waking up late, rushing the bath, picking random clothes, leaving my hair messy and being the champion of eating for only five seconds, I made it through the day.

Since Olympus doesn't have uniforms, we could wear anything we want. So, I wore my green hoodie, my gray ripped jeans and my favorite sneakers. I grabbed my backpack, then prepared to leave my room, but then I realized I forgot something.

My skateboard!

Under my bed, I quickly pulled my Marvel-designed skateboard, and rode on it as I headed to the school.