CHAPTER 1

“Why do you live so far away?” I asked my best friend Addison, or Addie for short.

“It’s not my fault I live on this secluded little island and the bus only comes every half hour” she replied with an annoyed tone.

“Whatever, can we just start tanning already? My skin is getting more and more white every minute I’m out of the sun.”

We headed outside and onto the deck where we laid out our towels all ready to tan. It was almost the end of summer, but the weather was still hot and humid.

“So tell me all about it!” I said excited as I rubbed sun tanning lotion onto my legs.

“Well… we made out!” Addie said, a smile forming on her face.

“And… That’s all you’re going to tell me? No details?”

“He texted me and asked if he could come over, but my mom was home. So I told him I was taking the dog out for a walk and he could meet me at the park. We got to the park… and it just happened. I don’t know what got into me. Once we started, I couldn’t stop and now I really think I like him.”

“Aww Addie!” I said as I reached over and gave her a huge hug “You do know this is Marc were talking about, right? The kid who said he could see into the future when we were in seventh grade?”

“Hahaha, very funny! I think he’s matured a little bit in the past 3 years. Anyway were going to be starting grade 11 in a couple weeks and we need to make it count.”

“What exactly did you have in mind?” I asked with a smirk on my face. Addie and I were constantly making up bets on things we wanted to accomplish.

“Well I was thinking that this year is going to be the year of boys.”

“Every year is the year of boys for you Addie. How many boys have you talked about this summer?”

“I like boys, so what? At least I’m not still hung up on a certain someone from 2 years ago”

“William!” I said trying to hide it with a cough “Speaking of Willy Wonka, how has he been?”

“He’s good, I’ve been texting him a lot lately.” Addie replied blushing a little bit.

“What about Marc, you can’t just hook up with him and then ditch him for Will.”

Sometimes I sounded more like her mom then her best friend. Addie liked boys, and when I say boys I mean boys plural. Her liking more than one boy at a time wasn’t uncommon for her. Now she wasn’t a slut or a whore like she would like to believe. She’s more of a jump the gun kind of girl. She falls easy and then when they don’t catch her, I have to glue her back together. Kind of like what a mom does for her child.

“For right now, I’m just looking at my options and I’m not going to make any decisions right now.”

“That’s a first.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Shut up. Anyway, enough about me and my love life. What’s going on with you? How’s that two faced hoe from work?”

“I don’t talk to her anymore, and quite frankly no one talks to her anymore.”

You see, over the summer I had developed a crush on one of the guys at work. One of my other best friends (or should I say ex-best friend), decided to go for him and didn’t even bother to let me know. When I found out, I wasn’t mad at the fact that they had a thing going on, I was mad because she didn’t even tell me about it and she tried to hide it from me. Long story short, she backstabbed me, he saw her for what she truly was, he dumped her and now she has no friends.