Kaze No Stigma (fan-fiction) Prologue.

It's been about 4 months since we prevented Belile, the most powerful demon lord, from laying waste to an entire city. Man, what a tough time. Things have been pretty good since then though. Me, Ayano, and Ren have been taking jobs here and there when there seems to be some unexplainable things happening to keep up with our fighting skills. We've fought demons, forest spirits, fire spirits, almost anything you can think of. We haven't been home in weeks. It's been tiring, but a good workout for Ayano to practice using her divine flame. Ren's  also become a lot more powerful than he was when we battled Belile. I would say he even comes close to Ayano in strength. Ayano doesn't know it yet, but Ren may surpass her soon. I'll bet she gets a kick out of that.

      Me and Ayano have grown closer to each other, although I don't think she'll admit it. Its pretty funny watching her go haywire when I do something to irritate her. She likes me, she just doesn't say it. She shows it when we're in battle, which I think is when she's most emotional.

      Right now we're on our way to check out this ghost town. Supposedly, anytime someone tries to go into this town, they never come back out. A lot of people think its haunted, possessed, or some people say that the town is full of riches and food that is supposed to make it so you never go hungry again, and the people that go in stay for the riches and food. But we know better. Its a demon. And its taking the people for whatever reason, and we need to find out why.