Listen-part4 'Abort Mission!'

It’s already exactly 2am but I’m still wide awake in the dark. I can’t sleep.  Her song keeps on replaying inside my head. This girl is the total opposite of the girls I’ve dated before. ‘She’s not hot!’. I said out loud, really loud. Fortunately for me, I’m rich. I can afford a solo room with sound-proof walls so no one would hear me even if I scream my lungs out all day.

‘See you tomorrow ‘not-hot’ girl’. I said to myself as I hug my fluffy blue pillow.

*alarm clock rings*

‘Good morning sunshine!’. I said smiling as I open wide my curtains and let the sunshine light my room.

‘Ahhhh… today’s gonna be a good day.’ I added while stretching my arms with a smile.

I took a bath and ate my breakfast quickly so I can be at school 15 minutes earlier than we are expected to be there. Our professor usually checks attendance before the bell rings. ‘Sucks man!’ I mumbled.

My boring 6-hour class with real deaf people finally ended. I rushed into the same place were ‘not-hot’ girl and I first met. Even my eyes smiled when I saw her right there at that very bench where she stuck an earphone in my left ear, waiting for…me.

I sat beside her trying not to make her notice how happy I am because she came. She gave me a paper saying ‘are you excited to see the lyrics? I know you are dude so I won’t make you wait any longer’. She giggles as she watches me read her note. I smile at her and nodded.

She proudly hand me over the paper where the lyrics of her self-composed song was written and I took it gladly.

As I run my eyes through the lyrics, my facial expression suddenly changed. She pats me on my left shoulder saying ‘yeah, I’m adopted. I never knew my parents. But I have my foster parents so don’t worry about me!’ she said with a smile, talking to me normally as if she knows that I can actually hear her.

I patted her back and smiled as I try to say ‘you won’t be sad forever’ in sign language.

I know she did not understand me but for sure, she felt what I am trying to say.

She handed me over another note saying ‘it’s getting late, I have to go. By the way I’m Lianne, nice to meet you!’

I smiled at her as I show her my identification card so she will know my name.

I ask if I can walk her to her dorm and she said ‘yes’.

‘Yes! I just gained 3 points’ I said to myself.

Ever since that day, we got even closer and closer to each other. We eat lunch together, do assignments together, we go home together, and everything that friends can do together. Ooooppps! I know you’re thinking of sex! Lol. Except for that. We’re not in that kind of relationship… yet!

Everyday, I’m thinking of confessing my feelings for her and my ‘un-deaf-ness’, but I never had the courage to do so. But now, I already do.

So I as my cousin Dianna to visit my room after her class, and there, we discussed our plan.

‘Okay so here’s the thing. I’m planning to confess to Lianne’ I started.

‘What will you confess? Your feelings for her or your ‘mission impossible’ thing? She asked.

‘Everything!’ I replied nervously.

‘Okay calm down baby boy. I know what to do’. She said excitedly.

Dianna helped decorate our school garden where we first met. I’m planning to tell her everything there. You know? So the ambiance would be romantic.

My cousin Dianna and I stayed up late just so we can make the school garden look much beautiful. We added more flowers, etc. Good thing Dianna is friends with the person who guards the garden. I think he has a crush on my cousin. Lol.

It’s already 6:00am. ‘buddy, get yourself in the shower right now! You don’t wanna be late for the big day, do you?’ Dianna called.

I groomed myself as quick as I can and rushed to our school bringing flowers.

I jumped out of my car in excitement. But boom! I saw Lianne is crying in front of a guy wearing eye glasses, tall and very manly.

I can hear their conversation from where I am standing.

‘I’ve already moved on, but then again you’re here. Everything came back.’ Lianne said crying.

‘I’m sorry baby. I still love you. I’m so sorry.’ The unfamiliar guy said while wiping Lianne’s tears.

And when he hugged her, I don’t know how but the flowers I’m holding slipped off my hands as tears run through my eyes.

They looked at me when they heard something fell and I just smiled at them like nothing happened.

I immediately turned my back and called Dianna. ‘Abort mission! I repeat, abort mission!’ I said with a shaky voice.