Listen-part 1 'Introducing Little Miss Stressed Out Writer'

I’m Caline Bianca Leonor Sebastian, you can call me Cal. 27 years old, the editor-in-chief of Breathtaking Magazine and a columnist in Philippine Daily Newspaper. I’ve been in this business since I was 10, working for school publications from elementary until college. And believe it or not, I never got tired of it, not even once. Maybe because it’s something that I really love. My passion for writing led me to the career that I have now. Oh, by the way, I graduated as Suma Cum Laude so 15 huge magazine companies offered me a job. But I landed to Breathtaking Magazine because it was the weakest that time. Yeah, you heard it right, the weakest! Wondering why? Uhhmm… Maybe because, I’m looking for something challenging and I really see this magazine’s potential even before. So I acted like a superhero and tried to save it. And now, I proudly present you, the largest lifestyle magazine in the Philippines, Breathtaking magazine.

Okay. To get things straight, I’m in my room right now, seating on my bed and trying to work on my articles and columns and short stories that are to be published in 2 days. And to be honest, I’m freaking out right now because I haven’t finished anything yet! I’m seating here for like 3 hours already, but still, there’s nothing that’s entering my mind. Maybe my 17 years of writing already ate up all the ideas I’ve got in my head. I don’t know, I just can’t think of anything right now.

Ugh! Screw this! Life’s too short to stress yourself out. Relaxation is what I need!, I said aggressively out loud. I then closed my Microsoft Word tab, opened another one, logged in my facebook and oh my gosh! My college best friend’s (Lianne) online. I really missed her so I initiated the chat.

ME: Yo!

(Lianne): Hey! What’s up BFF?

ME: Not so good BFF. My work is stressing me out. Ugh!

(Lianne): Oh. Don’t worry, you’ll get through everything.

ME: I hope so.

And when she’s about to reply…

(Lianne): You know…

ME: OH-MY-GAWD! I’m sorry I have to go now BFF. Thank you very much. Thank you thank you thank you!  I love you! :*

(Lianne): Whutt? Why are you thanking me? What did I do? O_O

ME: I can’t say it right because the idea my slipped off my mind. Bye bye! :*

I eagerly re-opened the tab I closed a while ago and wrote my best friend’s love story. Her story fits perfectly for the feature area of Breathtaking Magazine, so here’s how it goes: