Chapter 17

"Devyn, so what is your decision? Are you staying with us, or are you going with the Caniffs?" my aunt asked me. She was a second aunt, my grandmother's sister, and I had met her once at a family reunion. 

I had my mind made up, but I'm not sure it's the right decision. 

 "I'm staying with the Caniffs," I said. Taylor's eyes lit up. 

"Really?" he asked. 

"Yes." I looked at my aunt Carlie, who looked disappointed. "Sorry Aunt Carlie, I just know Taylor better. And he's like a brother to me."

After signing a bunch of papers I had no idea what they were about, we drove to my old house to start packing. All the boys were still there. Yesterday was the funeral, and the boys wanted to make sure I was okay. Cameron hopped off the couch as soon as he saw me. 

"So, did you make a decision?" I nodded my head. 

"I'm staying with Taylor." He smiled and hugged me tightly. "Are you changing your last name to Caniff?" 

"No, I'm keeping Rhodes."

Hayes entered the living room from the kitchen with a handful of pretzel chips. He ran towards me and hugged me tightly. 

"Are you staying with the Caniffs?" I nodded my head and he smiled. 

"So we will be able to see each other?" I nodded my head again. 

About an hour later we were in the midst of packing my room. I found old memories with my mom and dad. Many, many tears were shed. Hayes, Nash, Cameron, and Taylor helped with my room while the other boys did the kitchen and living room. We donated most of the furniture to Goodwill and the Salvation Army. 

After a long day packing, we decided to all watch a movie in the almost-barren living room. Cameron picked The Other Woman. 

"Dev, do you have any popcorn?" Cameron asked.

"Or candy?" Nash added in.

"Crap, no. I can run into town with Taylor really quick if you want any." I offer. 

"Yes please," they say and start throwing out random blankets. Taylor jumps up and grabs his car keys. We walked out to his car and drove off. 

"Devyn," Taylor looked at me with tears in his eyes. "I miss her."

I nod my head. I do too. She was my rock, my best friend. She was the glue that held us together. 

"Do you still miss your dad?" he asked. I nod my head again.

"Yeah, everyday. Makes me feel better that my dad is back with my mom. They were so in love. They had talked about having another baby. They were going to name it Lukas, either way. Then my dad died. It made me so sad, my mom didn't date after that, she didn't talk to any men she didn't know. She basically grew a shell for a few months and didn't talk to anybody. It killed me."

"I'm sorry Devyn. I really am. But you know you'll be with me and my siblings and you know Tristen loves you. I'll be touring with all the boys and everything will be okay. You'll be able to see your little lover and all the boys. My fans love you and they will support you if you decide to start Youtube or Vine or whatever. Just trust me."

"I love you Tay," I lean over and hug him since we are in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

A/N:

Hey guys! Thank you guys SO much! I finally read all your comments. Let me say, you guys crack me up. And As soon as this is over I am writing Broadway Baby (Jack Gilinsky). So check it out!

xoxo Bailey