Chapter Two: What Betrayal Really Means Part 1

I Chapter Two: What Betrayal Really Means Part 1 I

What a surprise, not edited either!

I had to applaud Brent, for many reasons.

One, for getting up the courage to go searching for Zeus and I when no one else would (especially the murderous glare he sent everyone when we went upstairs, daring anyone to disturb us), and two, for interrupting us in a very...compromising position.

As soon as his familiar brown eyes dropped down to the current position of Zeus' hand, his jaw clenched and the tightening of his fingers into fists was indeed strange.

Probably due to the fact that even with someone catching us like this, I felt the familiar burn of embarrassment color my cheeks. But no one seemed to notice this, because at that very moment, a crackle of energy surged through the room. 

I felt a definite shift of power between the 2 men that were in my room.

The air in the room was suddenly tense, and I felt a heavy weight on my chest, a feeling that only seemed to intensify when they locked eyes.

Brent's soft and loving brown eyes versus Zeus' intense and sexy golden gaze.

"Is there something you needed?" 

I shivered involuntarily at the sound of Zeus' velvet like voice permeating the heavy silence between us.

Brent seemed to snap out of his angry reverie long enough to glance at me with hard eyes.

"Just wanted to check up on Belle. Making sure she's still alive." The side of his mouth turned up in a vicious smirk.

The sudden hostility was obviously directed toward Zeus, but I couldn't help but feel the sting of his words directed at me as well.

I built it up to the mating bond that had begun to blossom between us. Seeing as Zeus was an alpha, and a powerful one at that, all of the feelings and sudden changes in me were going to come faster and more powerful then a normal pack member mating. My father had once told me the more power and responsibility your mate had in the werewolf world, the stronger the bond had to be in order to survive.

The power of the bond between an alpha and a normal wolf would send them into an intense heat, just to deal with the raw wolf power flowing through their veins.

But if I just so happened to be human, the power of an alpha bond could send me into a coma.

Zeus retracted his hand from under my shirt suddenly and the warmth I had felt from his touch was gone, leaving me with just the heat from his body radiating from above me. 

"You're a fool for thinking I would hurt her." He lifted himself off of me with ease and sat up on my bed. His body was blocking my view of the fuming Brent, but I could feel his animosity from where I was.

"You're an even bigger fool for thinking she just automatically belongs to you. Belle isn't a toy you can toss around and mess with as you please. She's my friend and I would rather burn in hell then see you put your hands on her when she obviously doesn't want it."

His words were like ice, cutting into him like daggers. It clear that he wanted me away from Zeus as soon as possible. I sat up in a flash, pulling the tank top back down to where it belonged. My body was still buzzing from his hands touching me.

When I looked at Zeus, I expected him to be scowling or giving Brent a murderous glare, promising to end his life right then and there.

But what I didn't expect was for him to be smiling.