Chapter One: A Warm Welcome

I Chapter One: A Warm Welcome I

-Will be edited. Eventually....-

It was hopeless.

Incredibly hopeless.

I was pretty sure it couldn't get any more embarrassing then this.

It had been exactly 24 minutes since we came back to the colonial style, sky blue mansion we called home and it was pretty clear that Zeus was never letting me go.

With a firm hand on the small of my back the whole half-mile walk back to the pack house, Zeus made sure that I never left his golden gaze for a moment.

And once we stepped foot inside the comfortable front parlor we used to greet guests and other alphas, Zeus scooped me up in his arms (bridal style of course), carried me across the room (which was bustling with the curious looks and actions from our fellow pack members), and with cheeks as red as a cherry on top of a sundae, sat down on the soft blue love-seat with his enormous hands plastered to my waist, forcing me to straddle him or risk embarrassing myself by refusing to sit on his lap.

My trembling hands were still secured on his broad, naked shoulders.

I was at a loss for words, unable to move, think or do anything else but run one line through my muddled brain:

Zeus is my mate.

That sentence alone drove shivers up and down my body, triggering all sorts of emotions to swirl within my tired body. And the sparks igniting between the contact of our bare skin only added on to the pressure.

But I couldn't help the light blush that coated my cheeks when our stomach's collided with each other. My soft, ab-less stomach versus Zeus' toned and rigid 8 pack brushed up against each other and a bout of desire welled up in the pit of my stomach.

A deep rumble made his bare chest vibrate and the hands clasping my waist tightened slightly, although it didn't hurt at all; it just seemed like he was telling me I was still in his arms.

It was the kind of feeling I want to keep with me always. 

The feeling of being wanted by a man.

And not just any man. 

The top alpha man.

Just thinking about this possessive beast of man sitting beneath me made my head spin.

Our pack's members were passing through ever so slowly, and I didn't need to see them to know that they were casting curious and shocked glances in my direction. I could feel their intense gaze on the back of my head well enough.

"So," Papa began with a slight but palpable tremor in his voice "your my daughter's soul-mate."

My head was facing the soft blue fabric of the couch we sat down in, but I felt Zeus turn his head in the direction of the voice that belonged my father.

"Yes, that I am Alpha Alexander." 

His voice was husky and took on a sort of primal passion that vibrated through the air and caused a stir within my body. Emotions, new and old, surged through my skin and the electricity generated between us flowed freely through my veins.

I was breathless, unable to speak because of the still heavy shock weighting down on me. It felt like the entire world suddenly jumped on my back and settled between my shoulder blades.