I Dont Dance ~ Chapter 8 part 1

In 1 week it would be  my birthday.

1 week.

I had never had  a birthday without myCalifriends. I felt a pang in my heart. Quince and I rarely talked and Chelsea and I just stopped all together since that day. It was really unlike us to be act this way. It was the weekend and I was relaxing in our backyard while watching Ethan play with a soccer ball. I heard my phone vibrate.

Montana: Hey! Soo I heard it was ur bday in a week? Am I right?

I felt my eyes widen a little bit. How the heck did she know? I never even mentioned it!

To: Montana

You creeper!! Lol jkjk but yea 13! Its next Friday actually

I sent the text and got up and went in the house. It was sluggish day, it was hot out for once and not raining yet I had absolutely nothing to do. I groaned and remembered I still had pre algebra homework to do. I grabbed my sneakers and headed outside to go for a short run, maybe that would get me out of this mood I was in. I grabbed my head phones and started blasting to King of Anything by Sara Barellis. I felt my steps go to the rhythm of the music. The heat was beating down on my back making little beads of sweat start collecting on the back of my head. I grabbed my ponytail and swiftly put my hair in a high pony tail. I had run once around the block and was coming back when I see him. Mikey was waving me over, I felt excitement grow in me as soon as I saw him. I took my headphones out and caught my breath.

“Hey, what’s up?” I said while trying to catch my breath

“You know just chillen.” He paused and took me in

“So I just wanted to ask you if you were doing anything this Friday?” I saw Mikey’s ears get slightly red but he tried to keep his cool and make it seem like he asked girls to go to parties all the time.

“Well you know I do have that meeting with the president on Friday, but I guess if its for you I could cancel.” I smiled a cheeky smile at the end of that sentence. He laughed at my lame attempt of a joke. I laughed with him and at that moment I could’ve sworn that anybody that would’ve walked by would’ve immediately thought there was something between us, when in reality there wasn’t. After our laughter died down Mikey asked me again.

“So that means your for sure coming right?”

“Yea for sure, I wouldn’t miss it for the world!” “By the way who else Is going?”

“Oh you know just some other people and don’t worry I also invited your crew.” I felt a small smile break through my face. My “crew” so now that’s how people saw me as part of a group?

“Awesome then, texts me the deets!” I was turning when Mikey yelled my name.

“Lacey! Wait!” I turned around and saw Mikey walking towards me.

“I don’t have your number!”

I gave him an “Ohh..” look I grabbed his phone and quickly figured out how to add my number. I decided to have a little fun with my contact name and added it to Lacey Sexy Newman.

“Here ya go!” I waved and finally ran the rest of the way home with a little bit of an extra kick to my step.

The bell for lunch rang and I headed to my locker to go meet the Crystal and Paige at the bathroom. I sped walked towards the bathroom where I saw Paige holding her nose.

“What happened?” I looked over and saw that she was tipping her back.

“Oh we were playing dodgeball in the gym and she got hit really hard in the face.”