I Don't Dance ~ Chapter 2

I woke up to sun seeping through my window. I turned to look at my alarm clock that I had placed yesterday and saw that it was noon already. I blinked hard and stared at the clock. How could I have stayed asleep that long the longest I’ve ever slept in is 10:30 I got up and walked down stairs taking everything in and remembering that this isn’t my old house. I walked down the carpeted stairs (sock free) and looked for mom  who was asleep on the couch with a book on her chest.

“Mom”  she kept sleeping not hearing me call her name.

“MOM” I said a  bit louder making her wake up startled and fall to the floor with a loud thump.

“What?” she said while rubbing her head. Jeez sometimes I thought I was the parent.

“It’s noon” My mom looked up at me with huge eyes once I had said that.

“Oh shoot!” she got up and ran upstairs to what I guessed was a shower. I went back upstairs. And looked in the mirror. I was still in my Pj’s and had a little bit of bed hair. I stripped down and jumped into my steamy shower. Water poured down my shoulders and on to my back. While I washed my hair I thought of what I was going to do today. I didn’t know anyone or had any friends so that ruled out going to hang with anyone. Staying home and just listening to music seemed like a boring option. Specially when I have plenty of time to do that when it rains which seems to happen a lot around here. I stepped out of the shower and put on some black yoga pants and a pink shirt that said “Volleyball is my life, everything else is just details” Back in Cali I played a bunch of sports, volleyball,soccer,basketball,tennis,track, even swimming. But the one I had stuck to the most was volleyball for some reason. I looked around in my closet for the volleyball. It was old and was a little scratched up and it had my friend’s signatures from when we used to play volleyball. I grabbed my sneakers and smiled as I walked down the stairs to go on my drive way and play by myself on the drive way. I opened the front door and noticed it was actually really warm. I looked at my black yoga pants and knew I wouldn’t last 10 minutes with these on out there. I ran back up and went and got some of my short shorts that I used to wear almost every other day back inCalifornia. I smiled remembering memories that my friends and I had. I went back outside and did the basic warm ups we had been taught. As I played my mind was clear of all thoughts.

Bump…

Set …

Bump..

Set..

Bump..

I had gotten so into it I had forgotten about my surroundings and all I was focused on was the ball and my next move. The next thing I know is that I’m being pushed down to the ground by a huge golden furred animal. I felt my butt hit the ground while I stuck out my hands to stop myself from falling all the way down causing myself to hit the ground with my head and get a possible concussion. I looked at the animal on top of me which was a huge golden retriever or was it a yellow lab? His eyes were concentrated on something above me that’s when I felt the thud on my head. My own volleyball ended up hitting me in the head. It rolled to the side and the dog ran after it. I laughed it off knowing that the dog must’ve just wanted to play with my ball in the first place. I got up and felt a pair of eyes following me. I turned around and saw one of the greatest sights of my  life. I have never believed of love at first sight and I still don’t but I have to admit I did feel something flutter in me. Like a little kick to my heart making it beat faster. He had short black hair that was in what I think you would call a fohawk. He was wearing a plain short sleeve white shirt with blue basketball shorts. He had a smile on his face and his dark brown eyes showed a bit of embarrassment. He stifled a laugh  and took a short breath.

“Sorry about my dog, he must’ve seen you playing with the ball and he went after it.”

While he said all this I was still sitting in an awkward position on the ground. I just stared at his almond colored eyes. He bent down and lent me a hand to get up.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” I said while carefully getting up. I smiled and saw that his dog had run back somewhere with the ball in his mouth.

“Are you the family that bought this house?” He asked  No I was just playing volleyball in some random persons driveway I thought sarcastically.

“Yea we moved in yesterday from California with my mom and my little brother Ethan.”

“Oh and how are you liking New Jersey so far umm..” He said trailing off noticing he didn’t know my name.

“Oh its Lacey, Lacey Newman” I said while switching my wait to my other leg.

“Oh cool, I’m Mikey Fusco” He said in a way like if he thought I should of already known about him.

“okay cool, well so far I’m hating New Jersey, its cloudy it rained, I miss my old friends,I miss my old home.”  I only said all this because I didn’t plan on staying in New Jersey I wanted to move back.All I had to do was convince my mom.

“Well you already made one new friend and its not always cloudy here, plus I live two houses down.” Mikey said smiling back. I tried not letting my blush show at that comment, be strong I told myself. I could already tell that this boy was like any of the other guys back home, he was a smooth talker /player. I had already had my heart broken into un recognizable pieces by oneof those and I was not falling to another one like that…no  matter how good looking they were.

“What school are you going to?”  I could see where this conversation was going to go he was going to ask me what school I go to then ask for my number, typical.

“Riverside Middle School, I think” 

“That’s what I thought I go to the same one, see you tomorrow then.” And with that he turned around and waved goodbye. Leaving me with my heart at my throat. He definitely made me feel something. And the last time I had felt something was one year ago before “that” happened. I shook my head and ran back inside and I didn’t stop until I had slammed the door shut on my room. I turned my I pod on and blasted music. I leaned my back against my door and slid down. The memories from what had happened one year ago were still to fresh in my mind. I clenched my fists and shut my eyes tight. I counted my breaths until I felt my heart rate calm back down. I stood back up and lowered the volume on my music and grabbed my phone and headed down stairs. I didn’t have one new text. I was already being forgotten back home. I texted one of my friends Chelsea.

To: Chelsea!!:)

Hey! Howz things bak home?Miss me yet?;)

I pressed send and went to raid the fridge. I found some mini ice cream cups and went to our little porch and sat there just gazing out to our medium sized back yard that had a big tree that had vibrant green leaves. I just stared off into the distance thinking about everything and about nothing at the same time. I stared at the big tree in our yard and out of the blue I thought of the dog. How he had jumped on me and had taken my ball! I stood up and got inside into my room and kept spacing out. That dog had taken MY ball. It was probably going to be filled with bite marks, if im lucky for it to not be shred to pieces. I would probably just ask him if I could have it back tomorrow at school. Right? The rest of the day was boring. There were some moment though that dread ate away at me for tomorrow. Which would be my start at a new school, in the middle of January.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey ICONiacz! So i know i uploaded sort of late, but i wanted to see how many reads i could get in the first chapter to see if this story was worth writing at all. And please don't be shy and press that vote button over there on the left! or that FAN button on my profile. It will encourage me to write more and faster! Spread the word about this new ICONic Boyz Fan Fic to your fellow ICONiacz too! Oh and if so far you think who her love interest is going to be then you better stick around and think again, because i have some twists in this story that still need to go on ;) Love ya guyz!

   ~ Mystery