2- I Didn't Mean To

Lloyd walked into his apartment, the rain outside had turned to a light sprinkling.

"Mom! I'm home!" He called out as he took of his hood.

"Hey Lloyd! Just made lunch." Koko smiled and placed down a bowl of noodles. He looked at Lloyd's hands and saw something that caught her eye. "Is that ice cream? In this weather?"

"Heh, I said the same thing too. Uh, someone else gave me it." Lloyd said, as he finished up the rest of it.

"Was it one of your friends?" Koko asked.

"Uh no. It was.....someone else." Lloyd washed his hands for lunch as he slightly shrugged upon saying 'someone else'.

"Lloyd, who was it?" Koko got extremely close to Lloyd. Lloyd chuckled nervously and walked to the dining table.

"Er, it was just some nice girl wanting to help." Lloyd stated, getting down to eat.

"Really?" Koko said almost excited.

"Y-yeah...." Lloyd said a bit awkwardly.

"Was she cute?"

"Moooooom!!!" He felt his face get hotter. Either from the hot noodles or the fact that this was getting a bit too personal. He'd go with the second option though.

"I'm just kidding! But is she?" Koko asked playfully.

"Mom. Please, it's not like that....." Lloyd sighed as he continued to eat what he could.

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood. You're so cute when you're flustered." Koko pinched both of Lloyd's cheeks and left the kitchen.

Lloyd finished up the rest of his noodles. He washed his bowl and headed into his room to finish homework. It was easily done and he, having nothing else to do, decided looked out the window. He placed his hands into his pockets and felt a crumpled piece of paper. The letter.

He pulled it out and noticed some of the corners of the envelope were wet. He set it on his desk to dry out a bit, but yet he couldn't help himself. He sat down and took the letter out.

Let's see if there are any more clues.

Lloyd took a good look at the poem. There was another clue:

"From the back of the classroom, I see you everyday." Lloyd quoted.

This person was in one of his classes. They couldn't have just mentioned what class they were talking about? He looked inside the envelope in case he missed anything.

There was small letters written in the back of the envelope with the same neat handwriting:

By now you have read the poem,
You want to know who I am

The answer to that is a mystery
But let me just tell you that I love tea

You seek the answer of my identity
But you see, I'm not one to disagree

I seem quiet and out of place
Yet seeking you is quite the chase

I am someone whom you don't know,
But I'm part of your chemistry, in the back of the row

More clues to this admirer. Part of his chemistry? Drinks tea? Back of the row?

More questions to be asked. Less answers to be shown. He laid down on his bed and fell into a deep slumber. Questions that can be answered in the morning.

_____

Lloyd had gotten ready for the day and decided to walk to school to save the trouble with the bus. He put his hood on and opened the door to be greeted by a familiar warm smile.

"Hi Lloyd." The same girl from yesterday stood at the doorstep of his apartment building.

"Hey, Medelah." Lloyd returned her smile with a very awkward one.

"Feeling better?" Medelah put a hand on Lloyd's shoulders, sending a shiver down his spine.

"Um yeah. Thanks for that ice cream, it really did help."

"No problem. Though I do have one question, why do you wear the hoodie? Basically anyone recognizes you with or without it."

"I guess it just makes me feel safe in some way." Lloyd shrugged and kept his hands in his pockets.

"I see......" Medelah looked up in thought. They stayed silent for a while.

Did I say something wrong........? Lloyd shrugged it off.

They reached the school eventually, and got some dirty looks from people. Lloyd pushed the doors with Medelah close behind.

"Hey Lloyd!" Kai yelled from across the hallway. Medelah hid behind Lloyd, clutching onto his arm. Lloyd tensed up because of this, but then shrugged it off.

"Who's this?" Kai slightly smirked at Lloyd.

"This is Medelah Clovergreen. We met yesterday. Meadow, this is Kai." Lloyd introduced the two.

"H-hey Lloyd, sorry about what happened yesterday." Jay had walked up to them.

"It's no problem. Chen was just being a jerk." Lloyd said to him.

"You got that right." Cole said. Nya and Zane were behind him.

"And that's Jay, Nya, Cole and Zane. This is Medelah." Lloyd started introducing everyone.

"Meadow!" The group turned around and saw three girls all turning their attention to Meadow. They noticed Lloyd and shot glares at him.

"I-I better go. It was nice meeting you all!" She smiled to them all and then power walked to her friends.

_____

"Why'd you speak to them?" The one with bright caramel hair with pink tips, dragged Meadow to a secluded side of the school.

"Crystal, you know how I wrote that letter, right?" Medelah blushed.

"That's the guy who you're crushing on?!" she exclaimed.

"Pipe down! People are going to hear." She shushed her.

"Wait, you like Lloyd?" another girl with chocolate brown hair asked.

"He's the son of Garmadon! What were you thinking?!" Another girl with orange hair shook Medelah by her shoulders.

"I know, Clare! You don't have to remind me! But have you ever seen him do something wrong?" Meadow winced.

"Besides making you fall for him?" the chocolate haired one glared.

"Flare! He's not like that. I just know it. Look, I don't know why I like him. I just do." Meadow sat down against a locker and buried her face into her hands.

"I didn't mean to....."