Chapter Ten- The surprise and stories

Chapter Ten-

The surprise and stories.

I'm mostly silent on the way back from France. And in fact the only time I do speak is on the plane when I say 'Thank you' for my meal.

Mum's very surprised at how quiet I am too.

"Hannah! You're very quiet! Are you OK darling? How was camp?"

"Yeah, it was fine." I reply gloomily, "I learnt loads!"

"That's great!" says Mum, not catching the hint that I don't want to talk by my lack of enthusiasm, "Did you make any new friends?"

"Oh yeah," I say unenthusiastically, "Loads."

"Great! Are you going to keep in touch?"

"I...no. I don't think so." I say truthfully, "They live much too far away."

"Oh, such a shame," says Mum, "I reckon you could do with a friend since that Lily Markus turned all horrible."

"Well who could blame her?" Sophie jeers, "Hannah's sooo boring! Who would want to be friends with her?"

I roll my eyes. "So did you enjoy your sleep Sophie?"

"Yeah but all of my sweet dreams have been swept away now that you're home."

I sigh as the car pulls up onto the driveway; back to the old life, to before I'd even met Steve.

I lazily drift out of the car and head upstairs to my bedroom.

I pull out my suitcase and begin to re-tack my sheets of music onto my wall above my piano.

I've always hated unpacking but loved packing. I've always loved the idea of starting off on an adventure and hated when it comes to an end.

I'm slow unpacking and I carefully, slowly take each item out of my suitcase.

I take out my laundry and throw it all in the wash basket. Then I store all of my unused clothes back in my wardrobe.

Once I've finished I fall back on my bed and close my eyes....

Then, suddenly there's a knocking sound coming up from under my bed. But I ignore it. I must be imagining it. I've kept hearing things since Steve left me.

So I close my eyes again, in attempt to fall asleep.

But there it is again. That knocking sound. And I'm definitely NOT imagining it.

Nervous and shaking with fear, I roll out of bed and then have to jump up in alarm because something has just jumped out at me. I look closely. A ghost? No, it...he...has wings...an angel, yes.

But then, unusual as it is to suddenly come across an angel in your room, I realise that not only is it an angel, but it's...Oh my Goodness!

It's Steve!

He's an angel!

He's back!