Chapter Three

Chapter Three

****

    That was some scary cold voice I just heard, she thought. "Well child, you should take a shower while I take your clothes out for you," said the maid, while smiling politely to Annabel. "Call me Anna, please," answered Anna while walking towards the corner of that room. "Oh dear! That's the closet, come this way chil- Anna," the maid asked her and quickly headed towards the bathroom, Anna following behind her.

    As soon as Anna entered the bathroom, her eyes went wide like saucers. "Wow! Who is the owner of this house, Johnny Depp?" she said to herself.

    "Your clothes are ready, dear" Anna heard the maid yelling from outside with a knock at the bathroom door. Oh I better hurry! she stopped daydreaming and took a quick shower, came out wrapped in a towel and embraced in sweet aroma. She quickly got dressed and came out of her room, and saw the maid waiting for her at the door. "This way Anna," saying that the maid walked towards a long and wide hallway with lots of windows, but heavy draped with rich red curtains.

    As soon as they entered the dining room, Anna noticed a handsome man sitting on the very end of the dining table, looking at his plate, with stress lines on his forehead. The man looked up and she felt as the man started to get angry, as soon as he saw her.

   "Mary!" He roared. "Why did you touch Tiffany's wardrobe?" He almost shouted at the maid. "S-so-sorry sir, but Anna didn't have any clothes to wear for the dinner, as her clothes were dirty and torn," replied the maid. "I am sorry sir, this wont happen again." Said Mary while looking down in fear.

    After hearing that conversation, Anna felt offended. She, somehow rudely interrupted them and said, "If you want me to change back, I would, with great pleasure sir, but this is no way to talk to anyone, and more than that with a lady. You should be ashamed of yourself." The man snapped his head towards Anna, and glared at her. She gasped, I have never seen such a beautiful shade of blue eyes, she thought.

    "We should proceed to the dinner, and you'll be dropped at your house after dinner," he said somewhat calmly. The dinner went fine, without any incident or conversation. The man cleared his throat and said, "You may keep this dress". She looked at him and replied a bit rudely, "I will return the dress tomorrow in the morning, thanks for the offer by the way. I would like to leave for my home now."

    He nodded and went out the dining room, and came back after few minutes. "The car is waiting for you, Mary will escort you to the car," he left the room as soon as he said those words. "Weird man," Anna said to herself. She came towards the car, she gasped. "Oh my! It's a rolls Royce," she stopped there to admire the exterior of the car, when she heard the driver clearing his throat and standing with an open door for her. She quickly entered the car.