Chapter One

Chapter One

****

    He opens his eyes and stares at the ceiling, in a pitch dark room. Thinking about his life, why is he still alive? Why did the fate choose him to be alive? Why didn't he die on that unfortunate day?

    That is how his days usually start. Mr Blake Henderson, a successful businessman, that's what people know him as.

    He gets up and goes to his personal gym. Starts with punching the punching bag till his hands felt numb. After that he headed to the shower. After shower he wore his perfectly ironed business suite. People know him as a perfectionist. He went in dinning room and had breakfast, half-heartedly. He headed to office after breakfast.

    He got out of the house heading towards his car. But before he could reach it, his driver opened back door for him to get him as usual, and he got in car. He laid back his head and closed his eyes.

    "We're here, sir." The driver announced, as he opened his eyes and nodded. He opened the door and got out of the car. There were not many people at the front door of the building. He walked in the building and towards his personal elevator. He pressed elevator's button and waited. DING! The door of elevator opened and he got in. He pressed the top floor's button. As his elevator door opened, all eyes were on him and everyone went silent. He walked towards his office, without making an eye contact with anyone and holding his head high. He entered his office and called his secretary.

    "Come here." He demanded to his secretary. Within minute, she came in the office with a mug of coffee in her hand. She placed it on the table, in front of his boss.

    "You called, Blake?" She asked sweetly.

    He glared up at her and barked. "How many times do I have to tell you the same thing? I AM YOUR BOSS NOT YOUR FRIEND." His glare got more deadly and his secretary was scared. "CALL ME SIR, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

    "Y-yes, sir." She stutter and looked scared.

    "Good, now get out before I lose my temper." She rushed out of the office within seconds.

    He stood up and started pacing in the room. Suddenly, he heard the door of his office opening and he turned to glare at the person entering office. It was his brother, Ashton, grinning at him.

    "Well, hello brother." Ashton said to him. "You look happier than usual." He asked cheekily.

    Blake rolled his eyes and took a sigh. "What do you want, Ashton?" He asked with annoyance.

    "Nothing, just saw your beautiful secretary leaving the office like she just saw a ghost." Ashton said with knowing tone and grinning wickedly.

    "That woman is so stupid." Blake replied. "I don't know why did I even hire her."

    "If you have a problem then why don't you hire a new secretary?" Ashton said thoughtfully.

    He dialled the phone to his secretary and said when she picked it. "You're fired." Didn't even let her reply and disconnected the phone.

    "Well done." Ashton whistles. "That was fast."

    Blake calls his recruiting officer and said. "Place an ad for my new secretary."

    "Okay, sir." He replied and left the office.