Sleeping Over. An Ezio Auditore da Firenze One-Shot.

Signora Maria! I’ve found some of your old entries in the attic~!” I said as I came in the living room with my arms embracing a crate filled with old papers of the past.

“Oh, whatever are you doing in the attic, Andrea?” she replied as she looked up from her knitting to face me.

By this time, I gently placed down the wooden box on top of the desk that was belonging to her husband, Giovanni Auditore. “I was just exploring the house and all…”

“That’s it?”

I fished out one paper from the pile and immediately scanned through its contents until a certain paragraph caught my attention. “Ooh~! What’s this? ‘There, I saw a man with such conviction that I found myself rooted to the spot, unable to look anywhere else.’” I read aloud, thinking that this might be the time she found her husband.

“Haha, a fine, young lady must learn to know the bounds of other people’s privacy.” Signora Maria said, in a gentle manner. As if reprimanding a child.

Mi dispiace, teacher. I just wanted to learn new tips for my writing.” I pouted as I playfully put the paper back where it should be. “I know how famous you are and your works..”

“Not everyone can start out famous, Andrea. Still, never stop trying.” She stands up from her chair to place her hand on my shoulder as she notices me looking a bit depressed. “I told my son once that, ‘You must use your self-expression at any cost. It is vital to understanding and enjoying life.’ Writing is one of your major outlets.”

“Let me guess… You told Ezio that one, huh?” I said, smiling as I took a gander.

“You really do remind me of myself when I was your age. Why don’t you join us for dinner? It would give us great delight! I’m sure my sons and daughter would enjoy your company.” She suggested as her face lit up with the idea. “Claudia has been begging for your presence.”

“Ma’am, are you trying to pair me up with one of your sons again?” I suddenly got the pretense.

“You are a fine, young lady, Andrea. I would be honored if you agreed to be my daughter in law. I would like you to continue writing our history when I’m gone.”

~

It was raining so I had no choice but to stay for dinner. Hopefully, for the night, as Claudia would say. She is my closest friend, if you hadn’t noticed. The subject of delight is usually boys, particularly her brothers.  The city knows the fratelli Auditore for their reckless yet impressive skills in climbing buildings, scaffoldings and the numerous swiving of women. I do hope I would not fall victim to the ‘swiving’ part. But…. I think I will… Soon.

What am I saying? I am already! Ezio has been the subject of my writings lately. It’s still a miracle that Maria Auditore hasn’t checked up on my recent entries yet. Who wouldn’t be convinced with, ‘As I saw him jump from one roof to another, I was afraid he took my heart with him as he leapt.’?

Well, anyways. Here I am, sitting on the seat next to him at the dinner table. Oh, how my heart got faster in its beat as I did so.