Chapter 1

"Harry, wake up, you’re squishing me." Adrienne tried to push the heavy and sweaty body off of her. "Shit, Harry, move. I have to pee." 

"Oh, what a romantic way to wake up", Harry grunted and rolled to the other side of the bed, watching Adrienne skip to the bathroom. He sat on the bed and looked around the small apartment, now familiar to him.

Harry was staying there for the fourth night in a row and was starting to think Adrienne was so annoyed with him, but he couldn’t help himself. He felt so happy when he was around her and her place was so cozy that he just felt like staying there forever. And he kinda was. 

"There is no romantic way to wake up." Adrienne came out of the bathroom and went back to bed. "And before you even try to kiss me, get your ass up and brush your teeth."

"Ugh. Fine." 

Harry went to the bathroom and grabbed the purple toothbrush Adrienne bought for him two days ago and smiled. "If you’re going to stay here, I want you to be clean and stop brushing your teeth with your fingers". That had to be like an invitation or something. She wouldn’t buy him a toothbrush if she didn’t want him to stay a little longer, right? He wasn’t a intruder, he was a guest. Or he hoped so. 

As he was brushing his teeth, he started to look around the white bathroom; a whole bunch of hair products sprawled across every possible surface, from multiple brands, some of them never used. He thought it was all too much and unnecessary but he didn’t dare tell Adrienne that. She also had a huge amount of makeup and diverse cosmetics that made Harry tell her one day she didn’t need all of that to be beautiful. "So many guys already told me that and yet all of them forget that I don’t care about what they think", Adrienne answered back, with a bored facial expression. 

**  

"What’s for breakfast today?" Harry kissed Adrienne’s neck, making her tingle and giggle.

"I’m thinking about making a fruit salad for you and some tamales for me". Adrienne stroked Harry’s hair and smiled, noticing it was extra soft after she made him use her hair products. 

"Tamales? What’s that?" 

"It’s a Colombian dish my mom used to make me. It’s a corn wrapping filled with meat and a marinade." Adrienne was homesick. She missed her family dinners where she could see her mama cooking in the kitchen, singing with a heavy accent. Carnavals celebrations in the living room, jumping around to her favorite cumbia hit. She missed fighting with her step dad because, once again, he was making fun of her broken english. Adrienne just missed home. 

"I wanna try them." Harry got excited with the idea of eating the Colombian food. Even though he never had tamales in his whole life. 

"Are you sure about that?" There’s this time when Adrienne invited some of her American friends to celebrate a holiday in her house and they wanted to try all the foods her mama made. Adrienne said no. They all said yes. They all drank bottles of milk a few minutes later. 

"Yes! I mean, I loved the food in Mexico." 

Adrienne sighed, clearly annoyed. “I’m not Mexican.” 

Still unaware of his slightly ignorant comment, Harry kept going, even more excited than before. “But the food is alike, right? I ate great nachos once, at Lou’s house.”

"Nice." Adrienne nodded, with a small smile, trying to put an end to that . He probably ate doritos with cheese on top and called it nachos, she thought.

**

"Can I have another glass of juice?", Harry’s face was red and he felt his throat burn after the first bite of his tamale. Adrienne told him five, maybe six times he could give up from the tamales and she would make him some pancakes or waffles. Harry should’ve accepted her offer, because now he felt like drinking all the water in the world.