Chapter Four: Game On

Chapter Four

I entered the classroom on time for the second time this week. New record for me! I sauntered my way to the end of the classroom where my desk was located, right next to the window and Hikaru. I personally liked my seat, and it wasn't because I was next to a handsome twin, but if I ever needed a quick escape from those two I could always jump out the window. I would need a fast exit for what I'm planning to do, so I was considering all my options. What was I planning? I decided today I was going to ask Hikaru or Kaoru about why everyone is treating Haruhi as a boy. 

It was a bold move, but my curiosity has reached its limit and I wanted to know what was going on. As I made my way over to my desk I passed Kaoru, Haruhi, and Hikaru whose seats were in that order next to mine. I avoided making eye contact because I was afraid that if I do look at them, I'd loose all of me self confidence and not bother asking them. I muttered a quick, "Good morning," to the three of them and sat in my seat.

I deliberately came to class right on time so the twins wouldn't have the time to talk about yesterday. I don't think I could face them and I was too afraid of what they would do if I turned to face them. But it was hard to ignore them when Hikaru kept poking me and throwing paper at me. I would give him a death glare every now and then, but he would ignore it and act as if nothing happened.

Today is certainly going to be a very long day. All I have to do is get through class and then face Hiakru and Kaoru. Now that's a problem. If I could only find a way to spilt them up for a while. Dealing with one twin would be a lot easier than dealing with two, but I know that Hikaru and Kaoru are always together. They're literally two peas in one pod. Where one goes the other is always close behind. 

When class was finally over I didnt rush out like I normally would do, instead I stayed in my seat and watched as Hiakru and Kaoru approached me. I took in a few deep breathes before looking up into their golden eyes.

"Manami," they both chastised, "Why do you always run away from us?"

"I just- Ummm....."

"Yes.....?" they pressed me to go on.

"Can I talk to only one of you guys?"

They both looked at each other and then at me before laughing, "No," they stated bluntly, without even giving it a second thought.

"If this is about what happened with Kaoru at the Host Club yesterday then don't worry, accidents happen." Hikaru explained.

"Actually, it's not that and sorry about yesterday. I forgot to apologize to you when I saw you yesterday..."

"Don't sweat it," Kaoru reassured, "So what do you want to talk about then?"

"Ummm... I'd really appreciate it I could just talk to one of you guys... Please..." I frowned at their unconvinced faces, "Please," I tried one more time.

"Sorry, but no can do. Stranger danger." Hikaru pointed out.

"Stranger danger?! I barely know you guys, but you dropped me off at my apartment yesterday!" I snapped.

They both smirked at me, "Ahhh yes. Now why do you look like... this again?" they both mocked.

I rolled my eyes at them, "You're going off topic. Can I please talk to one of you. It's really important."

"No," was their only reply.

"Please..." I repeated trying to use an innocent tone. They looked like they were on the verge of breaking, but needed just a little more convincing, "Just for a little while. I promise no longer than five minutes"