S.S.A

"Miss McGreggor, please report to the principals office right away" Steeves boring monotone voice spoke though the high definition speaker. The amount of times I've been in his office is uncountable, some of the punishments he gave me for "breaking school rules" was just ridiculous. For example one time I accidentally brushed past one of the stuck up students in the hall ways, and they reported me so I got two weeks of detention for harrassing and bullying a student.

"Oh my god, what the frickity frick does he want now" I mumbled. But quite honestly I knew what he was talking about: the driving test. Later that day I found out my little stunt with Mr Bullet had not gone unheard of, it went viral. Several kids had videoed and edited it, they made it look like there was explosions and fake paderstrians that got ran over to make it look like a 'Fast and Furious' scene.

Currently in my last class of the day, I only had five minutes left of science. I liked science, I found it intriguing finding out the smaller things on earth that make up the world. And what could possibly be out there, but humanity still has a lot to discover. But the highlight of the class was that James was in a class lower than me in science.

Leaning back on my desk, I changed the song on my ipod to the song "911 by Skrillex". I looked up to see all the eyes of the class on me.

"What? It's not like I'm going" I said with a straight face, feeling indifferent.

Some shrugged others just turned around and faced the front. They were all watching the timing device that felt like it was stabbing people in the face slowly with the agony of waiting.

And then it happened that glorious sound, the sound of freedom, the sound enabling fun to start... The bell. Each bell signaled that this forty five minutes was eliminated off of this head- bashing- against-wall monday was slowly finishing.

Shouldering my back pack behind me I walked out of the class room. All the students shoes squeaking on the tiles of the hallway, some chatting to friends, some planning study groups, others just getting picked up by family and their  dad's taking them home... Nobody ran up to me and asked me what I was doing this afternoon, nobody even glanced at me, acknowledged my existence. But I liked it that way.

Slipping pass the front school doors, successfully avoiding the jocks tackles, the barbies flipping of hair and just people in general. I walked out into the brisk winter morning. I had to find the nearest lampost.

In this town it has always been questioned why the lamposts are about twice the size of a normal lampost. But the agency made sure that rumour died down quickly, as far as the citizens of this town are told is that the electricity has a lot of short outs so they needed extra wires and special parts, so the lamposts needs to be bigger to fit all the extra parts in. Hence the reason for the large lamposts. But this town has a very rich history and a lot of odd things have happened in it's past. Our lamposts aren't like the ones you see shooting past on the highway, we have short black and very old lamposts that make the elderly people in the town start every convocation off saying "back in my day" when they walk past one. Except Mr Fredrickson, he takes sefies with them and uploads them up to instagram.

But the lights have had no more than the average amount of short outs in the lamposts.

The rumours are a lie.

You see the agency doesn't have one specific head quarters, they have seventy four all over America. Some underground, some in abandon warehouses, they're everywhere. So the only way I am authorised to get to the agency was by lampost or what the agency's technical name for it was paragam or egrees which is a synonym for potal. A portal separating two completely different worlds, from the outside normal life to the adventurous and dangerous underground.