Chapter 46: Lights in the Dark

THE END!! HEre it is, final chapter, at midnight May 5th, 2014!! I'm so excited this is done, I actually managed to finish it, and it's all thanks to your support! I'm SO tired right now...but I put it up for you! Thank you thank you thank you! I do encourage you to check out the author's note (aka the next part) because it has some aweosme info, but in the meantime do enjoy the end of Elle and Pan's story! Well not really the end because they live forever...but you get my point.

Here's the ending, and then READ THE NEXT PART

ELLE’S POV

Elle was awake. She had energy, nothing hurt, and the hair piled beside her face was glowing into her eyes. She sat up, not even sore or slightly fatigued. Her breathing was normal, her heartbeat calm, as if she had just been sleeping. She felt her magic humming through her, but…it was different. It was heavier, it felt stronger and…older, as if it had been in her body far longer than just over fifty years.

            Gasping from beside her made her look, and her grey eyes met Felix’s, whose were wide with shock and happiness and disbelief.

            “Elle, you’re alive?” he breathed, and she nodded. Then, fingers wrapped around her wrist. Her gasp caught in her throat and her gaze darted down, into bright, piercing brown.

            Peter stared up at her, skin light but normal, eyes wide and alert. He raised himself slowly onto his elbows, staring into her, and then up until he sat beside her, fingers still clutching her wrist. She didn’t want him to let go, one of them would disappear.

            Then, blackness crept into her vision and Elle grew dizzy and weak. She felt arms go around her back and smelled the forest and magic. Her memory stopped after that.

PETER PAN’S POV

Sparks and fire raced through Peter’s veins, burning and healing at the same time. He felt energy condensing in his muscles, yet he knew he wasn’t moving. All he saw was white, blank and blinding.

            And then, the white faded, growing paler and thinner and revealing rock…the ceiling. He felt hardness on his back, and dust between his fingers. He turned his head on the ground, and he wasn’t dizzy or even remotely tired. He was at Skull Rock, he could see the base of the hourglass, the carved golden bones and skulls. And he saw pale fabric and a thin, pale arm with small hands and thin fingers. White hair fell down to her shoulder, and Peter reached out and gripped her wrist so tightly he was sure he should’ve snapped it.

            His princess looked down at him, wide, silvery eyes clear and sparkling. He pushed himself up slowly, beginning to grow tired now. But he kept going, he had to sit up, he had to keep his hold on her hand, he had to talk to her. If they were dead, what had happened to her, that he was sorry. He was sitting up and staring at her, trying to understand. He watched as her eyes began to dull and her lids slid shut, and she fell forward. Peter couldn’t speak, his throat wouldn’t push words out, but he caught her and looked down at her.

            She was paler than usual, but her hair was glowing faintly and her chest rose and fell steadily.

            “What happened?” he breathed.

            “I would ask you the same thing,” he recognized Felix’s low, gravelly voice immediately behind him. Peter twisted, keeping her in his arms against his chest. The two looked at each other for a moment, processing. Peter wasn’t dead. He could feel his island, humming alive and strong. He had no idea how. Felix was there, standing normally. His princess was unconscious, yes, but she was far from death. As was he. Peter knew death, he’d died for an instant when he’d transformed back into a boy. But it was not an experience he would forget, and this was not death.