Chapter 32: Chasing Shadows

CELEBRATORY UPDATE! THIS STORY HIT 10,000 READS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH I CANNOT EXPRESS IT IN WORDS!!! hugs and kisses and hugs and kisses and hugs and kisses to you all!! Even though this chapter I actually sobbed a bit while writing...so I'm curious to know how y'all react:)

But I am very disappointed. No one gave me a contest idea, so I have no one to dedicate this to! You're killin' me, Smalls! (love that movie)

Ok short note because I have almost no time but I'm already late so I had to give you something. Thank you vanessa5836, I love you always! Read, comment, give me contest ideas! Best/most work-able idea gets the next chapter dedicated to them, and from then on the best answers/winners get dedications! By contest I mean like a sort of trivia category, or something like that...or even the most creative dare or something. I'm flexible!

Read and comment I love your comments! Oh, and WhoLocked11 I'm so glad you joined and I hope to continue to please you!<3

PETER PAN’S POV

Flashing into existence at camp, Peter glanced around the empty tents, breathing heavily and heart racing faster than it should be. It wasn’t like he was running, or something. He froze after two steps towards his own tent, he felt her aura again. In the middle of the island? What the hell was right there other than forest? He debated going, just to see what she was doing. The decision was made for him, however, when he disappeared from camp with intent of appearing in front of her and dragging her pretty little self back to camp.

            But the blackness lasted longer than it should have. Peter was sure his eyes were open, that he was picturing exactly where to go. He knew this island like the back of his hand—better, actually—so he knew he was going to the right place. Transporting is like a tunnel, you sprint through so the darkness only lasts a moment before your eyes open and you’re where you wanted. Peter was standing in the dark tunnel, the exit nowhere in sight but he couldn’t move his body forward. He leaned forward, but something he couldn’t see pushed him back. He put his hands out, and they came into contact with…a wall? But the air rippled when his fingers touched it, and a pale, off-white light flashed out dimly. He frowned and grit his teeth.

            How? He’d never taught her to do that. Peter let out a sound somewhere between a disbelieving snort and proud laughter. He’d forgotten how natural, how connected to her, her magic was. She controlled it subconsciously. He reappeared at camp as an afterthought struck him, and stabbed straight into his stomach. She must really not want him anywhere near her, if she was pushing off his magic. Peter decided after that not to follow her.

            The boys arrived about ten minutes later, she still hadn’t moved form that random spot, and immediately the boys attacked him.

            “Won’t you play for us, Pan?” Harry asked, fingers curling loosely in the hem of Peter’s shirt.

            “Hey, where’s Elle?” Joshua called with a slight frown as he started the fire, the only boy not surrounding Peter. Besides Felix, of course.

            “C’mon, let’s have a party!” Robert cheered, “celebrate killing those stupid grown-ups!”

            “Can Elle come to, Pan, please? She helped with that awesome curse,” Curly piped up, toothy grin matching Slighty’s.

            “C’mon you lazies, get the drums out,” Devin urged, exasperated and already moving one towards the pit Joshua was slowly lighting up. Peter heard her name three more times before he absolutely couldn’t bear to hear it, or questions of where she was, anymore.