Selling My Soul for His Aston Martin. (5) *

"Come on, Jaime, don't be such a wet rag!"

"I'm tired," I moaned. I'd been hanging around the hotel all day Will poked my leg again and sighed. "Fine. I was going to give you about a thousand dollars to blow on machines, but I guess--"

I was changing in the bathroom before he even finished.

I threw on a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a shirt, combed my fingers through my hair, gurgled some complimentary mouthwash and headed out with him.

"Where's Drew?" I asked.

"He's already hit the casinos," Will informed me. I looked at him in disbelief. "He wasn't tired from last night at all?"

After the whole 'crowd surfing' thing, we'd stayed out and drank and laughed and danced. Nobody cared that Will was Will so we weren't stormed by the paparazzi. It had been the most fun that I'd had in years.

"Drew can stay up for days and beat you in a race."

"You're exaggerating," I scoffed.

"Am I?" He raised an eyebrow and grabbed my hand as we left the motel. I looked down at our entwined hands, and then at him. He didn't seem to notice.

We walked to the nearest casino, wearing sunglasses. Will's hair was in a rasta cap and he was wearing giant sunglasses, so we gathered plenty of odd looks.

The casionos were endless, and so was the money. I lost more than I earned, but it wasn't my money so I wasn't complaining. I played in the slot machines and blackjack with Will, dragging him everywhere and vice versa. We ate at an all-you-can-eat buffet until our stomachs nearly split the effort of holding everything.

Finally, we dragged ourselves back to our respectable hotel rooms and crashed. I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

We stayed in Vegas for three days, until Drew announced that we had to leave if we were going to make our deadline.

I was surprised when, instead of going to the airport, we pulled up at an RV rental. Will and Drew got out, seeming to have no problem carrying my bags. I wasn't complaining. I followed them to an impressive hunk of metal.

"Seriously?" I asked, looking in between the pair.

"I like to ride in style," Will said, getting on. I followed him in and gasped.

I couldn't help. The inside looked better than the hotel that we'd stayed in. Gleaming metal refridgerators and a microwave and a microwave sat on the counter. There was an entire kitchen, beds, a sofa, and a bathroom. It was literally a house on wheels.

Drew smirked as he watched my face. "You were saying?"

~*~

Drew drove expertly. He looked very Bond-like, wearing a black shirt and navigating the bus with ease. The GPS told him where he was going.

I played against Will on my NIntendo. He threw his entire body into the race, turning with his shoulders and keeping a bit of his tongue out. If Drew slammed on breaks, he'd bite the tip of it off.

He swore as he slammed the device onto the seat. I'd won for the millionth time that day. I leapt into the air and danced around. "Woohoo!"

"Oh be quiet!" He snapped.

"I think you're going to have to get used to losing to me, William," I said matter-of-factly.

"Not a chance," he muttered. He picked up his game system and demanded, "Again."

I kicked his butt from Vegas to Florida.

~*~

"Anybody going to tell me what we're doing?" I asked, looking at each boy.

They shook their heads simutaneously and shoved a black plastic bag at me. "Change."

We were in McDonalds. More specifically, Tampa, Florida. I know. I couldn't believe myself. Everything was so bright and clean and there were seagulls everywhere. I felt a little sorry for Will though, having to wear all of that garb in order to hide himself. We ate on the curb and occasionally threw a french fry to the seagulls. In order to not be stormed (we learned from experience) we had to feed them like, every ten minutes.  

I'd eaten my weight in Big Macs and fries when Drew finally pulled up in a car that I didn't recognize. It was a gorgeous car; a dark green Audi Coup. He came out with two huge plastic bags.

"You got them!" Will had cried joyfully.

"Got what?" I had looked in between the pair anxiously. They shared a smile that I didn't like.

Now, I knew why. I yanked open the door. "I'm am NOT--"

Drew held up a piece of paper in my face. The contract. We had a scowl down while Will was gone, changing, I assumed.

"I hate you."

"Aw come on, Jamie," Will grinned impishly as I tried to flatten down the poofy skirt a bit more. "You look hot."

"That's because it's sweltering out here," I growled, ignoring the hand that he stuck out to me. I climbed onto the float. 

It was gorgeous. Skulls and ones stiuck out randomly, a huge treasure chest sitting on the top. Will and I would be standing on a platform in front of the treasure chest, while others dressed in pirate get ups would be standing around.

Yep. We were performing in the Gasparilla.

The Gasparilla is basically a festival where, during the adult parade, people got drunk and caught beads. Fake teeth, colorful beads, and beer overflowed. It was an incredible spectacle really.

Around us, people prepared for the parade. We had our own float, Will and I, while Drew disappeared and did whatever Drew did.

He looked like a pirate in his suit. To top off the look, he took an eyepatch from one of the plastic baggies that came with my outfit and put it on. Will had nodded in satisfaction and Drew had left. 

I wasn't all that entusiastic.

Why? First off, it was hot. Sweltering. I could feel the pools under my arms. And I was supposed to be waving wildly? I don't think so.

Secondly, the outfit. The ridiculous, ridiculous outfit. Drew couldn't have gotten me a conventional, long dress for lady pirates. No, he had to get me a short barmaid dress that pressed my boobs so far up that I thought I'd fall out any minute. The corset was black, with long, flowy, tan colored sleeves The skirt was brown, made out of the same material as a potato sack.

To make it worse, I was wearing boots. Long, leather boots that stuck to my skin. Did I mention the fishnets?

I was standing above everyone. They'd see right up the skirt.

And while they'd see nothing but poofy white, I was still reluctant to climb up.

Will was actually pretty darn spiffy looking. He was wearing a large, floppy black har with a feather sticking out of it. His pants were tight, black leather and he was wearing a poofy shirt like mine, slitted at the top slightly to reveal the skin underneath. He was wearing an eyepatch and grinning like a total dork.  

"Come on, Jamie. The parade's going to start soon and I;ve always wanted to do this, so could you please try and have a good time? For me?" He pouted, fluttering his lashes.

I sighed and took his outstretched hand as he helped me onto the float.