Part 3

Percy’s POV

He tried to grab his arm, but it was too late. Nico had already shadow travelled away, leaving a very bewildered Percy standing on the beach. Stunned, Percy stumbled and flopped down on the sand, trying to make sense of what happened. Nico... KISSED me... he thought. His mind was reeling from a thousand questions that he couldn’t answer. Did that just happen? Where am I? Who am I? Was that even allowed? Then again, the Olympian gods weren’t exactly models of good behaviour. Argh, what was he thinking? He just broke up with his girlfriend! That wasn’t supposed to happen! He suddenly felt ashamed and guilty for doing all those things with Annabeth in front of Nico. Sure, Annabeth had teased him for being dumb, but how could he not have noticed the pain in Nico’s eyes? Percy actually believed the rumours of his crush on Annabeth. He had thought that was the reason for the bitter glances Nico always shot them when he and Annabeth were together. He didn’t expect... THIS.  He got up, brushed the sand from his clothes, and tried to think where a certain son of Hades might possibly be.

Nico’s POV

“Stupid, stupid, stupid IDIOT!” Nico repeatedly cursed himself. “Vlacas” he muttered to himself while he swung his Stygian sword at a straw dummy. After the incident, Nico had transported himself to the big circular arena where the sword-fighting lessons were held. It was about 7 in the morning, so there was no danger of intruders, as the campers wouldn’t wake up for a few more hours. He hacked the head off another dummy furiously, He threw his sword at another, impaling it directly in the middle, and kicked it underneath, dislodging it from its stand. He removed his sword from its torso, and stabbed it repeatedly, wishing it was Percy instead. When the dummy was nothing but a pile of straw, Nico stepped back, breathing heavily. “If you’re going to fight like that all the time, maybe I should anger you more often” said a voice behind him. Nico almost choked on his own tongue as he turned around to stare at the speaker. “I told you to leave me alone, Percy” he said, dangerously quiet. “As you might’ve noticed, I’m not really good at doing what other people tell me to.” retorted Percy. He took advantage of Nico’s shock and wrapped a hand around his wrist. “Now, I’ve blocked all entrances, so you can’t possibly escape. If you try to, you’ll have to fight me first. If you decide to shadow travel, then you’re taking me with you.” he said referring to the hand that was braceleted around Nico’s wrist. All the fight and denial seemed to go out of Nico as he leaned on a wooden dummy nearby. “All right, Percy” he said tiredly. “What do you want?” “I want to talk to you. Was all that true?” asked Percy. Nico’s only reply was a nod. “Then I want you to know that I don’t mind, and I won’t judge you. You’re still my friend. And nothing will change that.” declared Percy. “But I also want you to know that... I still love Annabeth. I’m sorry.” Nico stared at him, wide-eyed. This was more than he dared hope for. “Are-are you sure? Do you swear it? No, I-I don’t believe you!” stuttered Nico. “Take a risk, Nico. Trust me.” Percy pleaded with his sea-green eyes. Of course Nico believed him, who could ever resist those stupid baby-seal eyes of his? After a moment’s silence, Nico replied “Alright” and straightened up. He shook off Percy’s hand, which was still around his wrist, and shadow travelled back to Cabin 13.

HEY GUYS! Srsly tho, comments are appreciated. C'mon, I won't bite! Unless you're a nutella pb sandwich... :D