Chaper 8: SnowDay //part 1//

**shorter chapter this time, sorry guys!**

Armin's face was pink and flushed, his bangs stuck to his damp forehead. He took a deep breath. Eren smirked. "Tired?" His face, also pink, twisted into a satisfied grin. "Y-yeah," Armin huffed, propping himself up on a single elbow. "Oww..."

"Maybe we should head to bed?" Eren suggested. "That was pretty rough." He laughed. "Can you walk or-?"

Armin tried standing up on two feet. "Ouch... Eren, you didn't have to be that forceful..."

"I'll carry you," Eren said bluntly. "Everyone's asleep, so why not?"

Armin's cheeks puffed out. "Finneee." He rolled his eyes. Wrapping their garbage, and the still half-full bottle of wine up in a blanket and stashing it inside a desk, Eren turned to Armin and smiled. Armin had already slipped his shirt back on, and was ready to go. He nodded. "Ready."

Eren gently scooped Armin up, cradling him lightly in his arms. Armin buried his face in Eren's shoulder. His breathing slowed, becoming more calm and relaxed. He smiled against Eren's shirt. "Thanks, for everything." Eren smiled to himself, overcome with happiness and joy. His heart fluttered. "Y-you're welcome," he said at last, but Armin was already asleep in his arms.

*****************

Eren woke up next to somebody. From the crisp, bookish smell, he could instantly tell it was Armin. He smiled into his pillow, thoughts of the previous night racing through his mind. A warm, red feeling spread across cheeks as he burried his face farther into his pillow. Armin began to awake, muttering a few things, and yawning. Eren turned to face him, a light blush still fixated on his cheeks. "G'morning," Armin murmured drowsily. "How come its so cold.... And empty?" Eren just noticed exactly how cold the room was. There was a light draft, and it seemed to be coming from the far end of the room. Eren's eyes followed the wind current. "...oh..." He said, his mouth agape. "What is it-?" Armin glanced t the window Eren was staring at. "Oh. My. God." The window was completely covered with a thick layer of snow. Only a few inches at the top remained uncovered. "I was right," Armin mocked, sticking his tongue out at Eren. Eren hissed at him. "I wondered why nobody came to wake us up."

"That's right, everyone must be in the mess hall, trying to warm up. Why are we always the ones to sleep in?" Armin laughed, the golden light shining through the snow catching in his eyes, making them a silvery shade of blue. Eren couldn't help but stare at Armin's round, child like face, smooth skin, and light blue eyes. "Something the matter?" Armin asked, shifting uncomfortably. "No, it's nothing, I just-" Armin smiled, knowing what he was going to say, and closed the gap between them. Their lips only brushed for a brief instance, before Armin pulled away in embarrassment. "Uh, about last night.."

Eren laughed at Armin's awkwardness. "Pretty fun, huh?"

Armin laughed nervously. "Considering you tricked me into getting drunk..."

"You weren't even close to being intoxicated." Eren cut in with a curt laugh.

"Just shut up, and kiss me."

Armin responded by wrapping his arms around Eren's neck, pulling their heads together to fill the space between them. "You know Armin, I really love you."

Armin smiled and placed a quick, dry kiss on Eren's lips. "Do you want to go get breakfast?"

"Sure, I'm down." Eren ran his hands through his messy hair. He climbed down the bunk ladder, Armin following. "Let's go."