Chapter 3: This Werewolf Doesn't Know Everything

-Shade Sapphire-

"Die squids!!! Die!!!" She screamed violently at the screen. Moving the analog stick with one hand and pushing at the buttons with the other. When it came to video games, any kind, Apollo just went at it like an out of control bird who didn't want to be caught. In other words she went psycho.

"Apollo you can't kill them remember? The purpose of the game is to run from them." I answered from behind her.

"I run from no one. These bitches are going down!!" She glared at the screen while I controlled the urge to roll my eyes yet, again. While she berated the game's self-esteem I took a look around the arcade, and as per usual it was full with mostly guys who couldn't keep their eyes off Apollo. I sent them each a silent but lethal death glare, until every last one adverted their eyes.

"Shade." Her voice brought my eyes back to her.

"Huh?"

"Find me the Winchesters, it's ghost killing time." She said going full on commando with an expression that screamed retribution.

"I don't think they take calls from crazy fangirls, or angels," I added remembering all those times when Apollo had literally sat on me and forced me to watch Supernatural with her.

She glared halfheartedly at me before she sighed in defeat,"Why'd you have to ruin my dream, jerk?"

"Sorry."

"Apology not accepted, unless...," She walk right pass me up to the prize counter, her eyes were glued to the prizes sitting on the wall's shelves as if they were magnets pulling her to them.While she talked with the guy behind the counter I felt as forgotten as the lyrics to a 60s song. She came back with hands crossed over her chest as she proposed a deal, "I'll forgive you if you can win me that stuffed panda bear over there."

"How many tickets, do we need?" I asked looking at the stuffed animal and then back at her.

"One thousand." She answered looking hopefully at me. How could I deny her when she stared at me like that?

"Let's go play some games then." She squealed and hugged me.

As soon as she let me go than she grabbed onto my hand and dragged me from game to game like a little kid does with their blankie. For the most part of three hours we accumulated tickets, taking turns on different games, but we also enjoyed ourselves making the most of it. As soon as we had enough tickets we exchanged them for the stuffed animal, Apollo almost jumped with barely leashed glee as she took it in her hands. To see that much happiness in her eyes was worth everything in the world, I'd sell my soul to keep that joy in her eyes for the rest of eternity.

"I don't remember you ever being this obsessed with these things."

"It's not for me, its for Andrew. He loves pandas and pretty much any other animal. It will be an early birthday present since I'll be at Fallen Swords by the time it actually comes around. He's turning two years old." The glow in her eyes died down a little. "I'm going to miss him."

"You still have two more weeks with him."

"Its not enough," she argued, "Anyways, we should get going."

"Your house?"

"Yeah, but first I have to pick up Andrew from Zach's apartment." Zach was Apollo's estranged older brother. I never talked much with him before he moved out, unlike Apollo he kept to himself, he was a bigger mystery than she was most days.

"Your parents...?"

"Away on business, again, they should be home in two days." She growled. I saw her clench her free hand, trying to cage in all that anger and resentment she held against them. She never said anything about it, but I knew that ever since Andrew had been born her parents absence was getting to her more and more.