Phenomenon 2)- Hospital

(BellaPOV)

Not even hurt! I can't believe they're trying to take me in! This is why I complain, complaining gets the job done, but evidently medical staff are more interested in my 'best interests' than my opinions. Which, by the way, are echoing around the ambulance.

"What I'm trying to say is it simply logical you take me in? Edward was there to take the hit for me so therefore, theoretially, I was a bystander! Should be him you're taking in."

One paramedic looked at the other and said, "She's babbling nonsense. The injuries must be worse than we first thought."

"Has her next of kin been informed?"

The other paramedic winced and said "Yes... but it's Chief Swan."

"We're fucked."

"Yeah, but only if we can make him believe she isn't."

************************In le hospital...*******************************************

"Bella!! Bella! Oh thank God you're ok!"

Charlie stormed through the doors of the ward and gave me a huge hug. I swear, in times of distress, he acts more and more like mum.

"Yes. Of course I'm OK dad. As I've been relentlessly trying to explain for the last hour to literally everyone in this unit I am in fact fine, gosh."

"Good. Well, Dr Cullen will be in in a bit to check you out."

He pointed to Tyler, the kid driving the car that crashed into me, who was getting stitches in his forehead. "What happened to him?"

I rolled my eyes. "He was driving the car."

Charlie grew shifty and put his hand on his gun. "Want me to bang him up for you bels?"

I carefully took my dad's hand off the gun. "Not necessary dad, but, thanks for the thought."

At that point the most beautiful older man a girl can have a fan girl crush on burst through the doors. No, not David Tennant (who can show me his sonic screwdriver anytime...) but Dr Cullen.

He wasn't very tall, but he had gorgeous golden hair that shone in every direction, broad shoulders that filled the room and a deep 'fuck me' voice. He definitely looked like Edward could come out of his pejazzle.

"Issy Swan, I believe."

"Bella." I growled. Dr Cullen just got a little less attractive.

"My apologies, Bella."

Better.

"Right, let's check you out. Hmmmm."

He shone a torch into my eyes, ran a few tests and did some doctory shit. (How am I meant to know what he did? I can only be so perfect.)

"Well Bella, you've got a couple of bruises and you're a bit shaken but you should be just fine. Chief, a word..."

I laid back on the bed satisfied. I eyed a grumbling nurse across the room who thought there was something wrong with me. "See," I said, "Doctor knows best."

She gave me the finger and stormed out. "Hey," I shouted after her, "What happened to the patient is always right?"

"Hey Edward."

"Hey Tyler, is Bella OK?"

Edward! I sat bolt upright in bed "I'm fine, they're just signing my discharge papers."

"Good good."

"Look Edward, we need to talk... walk with me?"

We both left the ward waving goodbye to Tyler and stood outside.

"So?"

"So Edward, I wanna know. How'd you move so fast?"

"I told you Bella, I'm a ghost."

I pointed my finger at him. "Don't give me that bullshit, I know what I saw!"

"What did you see Bella? You hit your head, you can get confused."

Ah? Who does he think he is? Jeremy Kyle?? "Listen Tyra, one second you were next to your car, the next second you were pushing a speeding truck out of my face!! I just want an explanation."

"Look Bella," He said taking my hand, "How about we swap numbers and I'll text you later when you've had some rest OK?"

Ey up. Maybe now is the time to act on my unrequited crush! Now is the time to get in there! I'll work on the whole explanations front later. "Yeah, sure."

We swapped numbers and he ran off to his siblings honking the horn from their car. I let out a sigh as I leaned against the wall twiddling my hair around my fingers. Mmmm, a text. That's practically a declaration of love nowadays isn't it? Well, in any case, it's a date.

***************************************************************************************************************

So Bella's having her suspicions and a crush is coming to light...... do I sense Bella softening to Edward? Or is he too distant for her? All will be revealed.... sooner rather than later though, as I've just got off for summer! (Raise the roof)

Thanks one and all for sticking with this even if I'm crap at uploading :/ sorry!!

Thinking of writing another story just to curb my writers block.... I've had a character for a boyxboy in mind and he's desperate to come out (as it were) and meet you all so watch this space..

Vote and comment beautiful people xx