TIP #14: Crafting the Perfect Ending

What can I say about crafting the perfect ending? How about I keep it short and sweet? Would you like that? Ok, great!

Here's my short spill:

I like to think that the perfect ending not only brings closure in some way, but also leaves a bit of intrigue as if to suggest that the story and its characters live on. I know that this probably sounds a bit silly—after all, it's the ending—but striking that balance can serve both you and your audience well.

Now, go forth and create your beginning, middle, and perfect ending!

-----

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY]

Some of you have been commenting about not having a "happy ending" to your story. Let me be clear, if your notion of a "perfect ending" is to kill off a character or all of them, then there should not be any issue as long as this works and weaves into the complete narrative of the story. Now, if you kill a character off out of the blue and just leave it at that, having had no build-up, then you blind-side your readers. This may or may not set well with them. There should be a valid reason for doing the things you do and ending the story in the manner that you end it, even if that reason is to continue the story in a serial.