Prologue

>——>

It's not that he liked her, no. He didn't like anybody. They were all so boring, stupid... ordinary. But the thing is, she wasn't ordinary at all. She was smart, very smart, smarter than any other students he knew. And her mind was very unique, he knew it. Sometimes, it even seemed as she was a little bit like him. But no, that couldn't happen.

He didn't like her.

At least that's what he wanted to believe.

He would always watch her from afar, from the other side of the class or from the table opposite of her at the cafeteria. She was pretty lonely too. In fact, he didn't reckon seeing her with any friends at all. The only time people would talk to her was because they didn't understand the math problem the teacher gave them to do as homework or sometimes it was only to pick on her, to remind her she was a freak or a weirdo. They did that to him too, but he didn't care when it was directed on him. But when they did it on (y/n), oh how angry he could get. He hated them to much. He wanted to help her, to be a friend for her, but he didn't know how to do it. He never tried to talk to her, frightened that she might think he was a monster, like they kept telling him.

There was this one particular kid. That boy was the meanest of them all, and probably the stupidest too. He picked on every kid that weren't "normal", and that included Jim and (y/n).

His name was Carl Powers.

He hadn't done anything too bad to (y/n) yet as far as Jim knew, but the Irish teen promised himself he would do anything to protect her, whatever that implied.

He wanted to talk with her, but he never found the courage to go and make the first move.

Well, that was before now.

>——>