Chapter Four

A/N: Map of Ella’s room on the side - I didn’t feel my description of it was good enough!

Friday came quickly, almost too quickly. Before Ella and Lauren knew it, school was over and they were on the way back to Ella’s house. Ash had texted Ella Carters address and that the party started at seven. His parents were out of town on a business trip and wouldn’t be back until Wednesday. Ella and Ash’s parents were going out to dinner tonight, as they had become quite good friends.

Lauren opened the car door as Ella took her keys out of the car and got out. Lauren stood in front of Ella’s house, shocked at the sheer size of it. 

‘Bloody hell El, your house is freaking HUGE’ Lauren laughed.

‘Yeah, it is, I guess, and that’ she gestured to the house next door to her ‘is Ash’s house’ Ella laughed walking up to her front door and getting out her keys.

‘Wow’ Lauren sighed dreamily, ‘I’m so jealous!’ They walked into the house and Ella guided Lauren up one of the two flights of stairs that lead to her room. She opened the door and Lauren stopped in shock. 

‘Make yourself at home’ Ella teased, laughing a little at Laurens expression before walking over to a set of French doors and opening them up, stepping onto her balcony which overlooked the pool.

‘Er, wow.’ Lauren replied, taking in the huge room.

‘You can look around if you want’ Ella giggled. 

‘Okay!’ Lauren responded. 

She walked around the huge room, admiring every inch of it. It was massive, and was a huge rectangle with fluffy cream carpet. The walls were also painted cream, except for the wall on the right of the room which was a light burgundy colour. On that wall there were hundreds of band posters, signed concert tickets and photos of Ella with friends, family and celebrities. It was the only part of the room that screamed Ella. In front of it was a huge circular queen sized bed, with hundreds of pillows on it. Next to the bed were two nightstands with two matching cream lamps, the nightstand on the right had an alarm clock and an empty photo frame.

The wall opposite the doorway where Lauren was standing, had the doors to the balcony and a huge cream sofa with a coffee table, with various music magazines spread out in front. The wall of the doorway had a massive white desk, with all of Ella’s paperwork, folders and textbooks spilling out. There was also her laptop on charge in the centre of the desk. 

On the wall opposite the bed, there was a bookshelf, with two doors either side, which Lauren could only assume were the bathroom and a wardrobe. She dumped her bag beside Ella’s desk and walked outside on the balcony where Ella was, admiring the astonishing view and looking down at the crystal blue water in the pool below.

Ella turned to her, snapping out of her thoughts ‘Do you think Ash only invited me as a joke?’ she blurted.

Lauren let out a small sigh and turned to her best friend ‘Are you stupid El, yes he might be a player, yes he might be a massive twat at times, yes he is the most popular boy in school, but I don’t think he’d invite you as a joke, there wouldn’t even be a joke in it. But to make sure, we’re going to make you barely recognizable tonight, we’re going to do you up PROPERLY. You, my best friend ever, are going to look so hot Africa would be jealous!’

Ella chuckled ‘I love you Lo, I hope you know that’ she smiled, she loved how Lauren could always cheer her up, even though they’d only been friends for five days, they already considered one another best friends, something Ella was glad to have. 

‘Of course I do! I’m fabulous!’ Lauren joked, playfully tossing her hair over her shoulder. ‘But seriously El, we need to get to work, we need to look hot!’