Chapter One

School was sadly, just around the corner, much to Ash Kennington’s inconvenience. This summer had been one of the best ones of his life so far. He’d gone on a month long tour around Europe with his family, gone to Ibiza with his best friends and spent the rest of his summer sleeping, drinking, training and partying. Not a single person could deny the fact that Ash Kennington had it all. He had the life, the money, the car, the girls, the social life and, to top it all off, he also had the highest grades in his whole year.

Two days before he was due to go back to school, he was sitting in his room, throwing a tennis ball at his wall and catching it effortlessly each time. He laid on his bed, catching the ball whilst listening to some song that his best friend, Carter, had told him to check out. The song ended abruptly and Ash got up to change it, but he was stopped by the sound of his neighbours.

He walked over to the window and peered out into his large estate. There were five houses built inside the walled area, they surrounded a large tarmac circle, like a cul-de-sac, except it was more of an exclusive cul-de-sac, as the houses, or mansions here were definitely not small, or cheap. He looked out of his window and saw two large white lorries with ‘Ramsay’s Removals’ written on the side. 

His gaze adverted from the trucks as he rested his eyes upon a girl with sandy blonde hair that ended at her hips. She was talking to a removal man and stood with her back to Ash’s window. From what Ash could see, she was wearing black skinny jeans and a baggy t-shirt with her black vans. He was intrigued about this girl, there was something about her that made him want to know more, his thoughts were rudely interrupted by the sound of his mother yelling at him.

‘ASH KENNINGTON GET DOWN HERE, WE’RE GOING OVER TO GREET THE NEW NEIGHBOURS’ she bellowed at the top of her lungs, hoping that her son would be able to hear him over the top of his music.

‘OKAY I’LL BE RIGHT DOWN’ he yelled back, wondering why his mother never bothered to use the intercom, that’s what it was there for anyway. She probably just likes to yell he thought to himself, as he threw on a plain white v-neck t-shirt and pulled up his jeans.

He walked over to the mirror and stared intently at his reflection. He was lucky that his parents were both very attractive, his father was Italian, whilst his mother was English. They’d met on a holiday and had been together ever since. Ash had inherited his fathers chiselled good looks, which had a slight ruggedness to them. He looked into his sparkling blue eyes, whilst brushing his exquisitely cut, deep brown hair out of his tanned face. He flicked his hair to the side, making sure his fringe wasn’t in his way, which was useless as his fringe would be back in his eyes in roughly 30 seconds, but he didn’t care. He picked up his phone and walked out of his room, slamming the door behind him.

-

Ella stood outside of her new house, instructing the removal men on where to put things. Her mother and step-father, Simon were inside the house, figuring out where to put everything once it got inside. She sighed as one of the removal men refused to lift up a sofa because he had a ‘bad back’. If he had a bad back, why the hell is he a removal man? She thought as she looked down at herself, adjusting her Fall Out Boy band t-shirt and playing with the numerous festival wristbands on her wrist. 

Today she didn’t look half bad in her own opinion. Ella had broken her glasses earlier so she was wearing contact lenses, this was a rarity for her as her glasses were a safety blanket, she was getting new ones later though so she didn’t complain. Her deep chocolate brown eyes stood out more without her glasses, her eyeliner could finally have its full impact and her bright red lipstick made her eyes look even better. She hated make-up but her mother made her wear it today, so she would ‘make a good impression’.