CH 6: You Can't Avoid Me

CHAPTER SIX

~ Branson ~

I can't believe I kissed her...and enjoyed it! How can I go from hating someone to wanting to hold them? Her skin was so soft, her lips like the purest drug, and that figure I once thought was fat felt so right in my hands. Her body molded into mine like we were made for each other. Then she tells me I should go!

As I sit in my car with a raging erection, all I can do is fight the desperate urge to bust back into her house and make love to her. It's like she poured gasoline and set a fire within me that's turning into an inferno. At least I get to see her Monday.

I drive home and climb into bed not wanting to wash the scent of her velvety skin or the taste of her lips off just yet. I fall into a lust filled sleep...

============================

~ Kiondra ~

Sunday flew by unfortunately. I couldn't shake the memories of Branson-both good and bad-from my head.

My alarm clock goes off at 7:45 AM sharp and Bone Thugs 'N' Harmony's "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" fill my ears. Damn it! I don't even want to get up. But I have a meeting with Kevin about the interview. I hope my notes are enough, it was wise to get them out of the way before my night went to hell. I involuntarily shiver at the memory of that night. I so don't wanna see Branson.

Looking through my closet I settle on a fitted charcoal grey and white polka dot maxi dress and with three-quarter sleeves and white suede wedges. I put on a silver diamond necklace and studs to for my hair being pulled into a messy high bun.

Finishing it off with mascara and a small cat eye, I grab my oversize white purse with my work folder and leave to pick up a muffin and tea.

By the time I make it to work, it's 8:55. I have five minutes so I clock in and head to Kevin's office only to run into other Kevin on the way there. He's totally been screwing Isis!

"Hey Kev what's up?" He's smiling ear to ear.

"Just enjoying time with Isis."

"You mean the sex right?" His cheeks turn a bright read. Caught!

"Yeah and her in general. I really do love her and she loves me." AWWW! It's about damn time.

"I'm so happy for you! I've gotta go so tell Isis I said hi and I'm glad she's alive." I'm surprised they're alive and well after all the boning they did. After laughing loudly, he leaves and goes towards the ice rink.

Kevin's door is cracked and he's sitting at his desk. At least he's not naked this time.

"Hey Kevin" I hear a distinct sucking noise "Hey Tamara." Her head of blonde hair bounces as she pops up.

"Hey. How'd the date go?" Horrible. Strange. Infuriating.

"Uh interesting Tamara." She nods and puts her head back under the desk. Do they ever stop screwing?!

"Here's the interview stuff Kevin. Have a good morning and I'll close the door behind you." He grunts his reply. Apparently Tamara loves her some chocolate.

Walking down the long hallway, I spot Branson with a crisp white t-shirt and dark wash jeans. He actually looks delicious. Kiondra! Stop! What are you thinking? He's a womanizing asshole. Keep it moving! I take a few deep breaths and begin to walk.

I feel his eyes glued to me but I dare not look at him. I can't stand to see him right now. I'm not wimp by any means, but if he's capable of being ridiculously cruel like he was Friday, surely he'd do it again. That kiss meant nothing, absolutely nothing. I hurry up and almost sprint to my cubicle.