Chapter 2 -- Sarina's POV

Hey guys! It's Aubrielle! You can call be Aub, Aubri, Egghead...doesn't really matter! Whatever's fine(: Here's my chapter, I hope you guys like it! Tell us what you think of the story so far, okay! Thanks for reading! (: x

Sarina's POV:

Who was she calling? Oh God, it better not be her mother. Her mother hated me. And I mean hated.

Oh no, I thought, it was totally her mother. Who else would she call besides her mom or dad? Where would I go whens Lucey moved back in with them? There's no way in the world her mother would let me stay with her. And Lucey's all I had...

"Lucey! Who are you calling? Who's on the other end? Is it your mom? Lucey! Who is it? Just tell me! Answer me, dammit! All you gotta do is simply state a name!" I nagged and she just mouthed for me to shut up. "But Lucey!" I dragged her name out.

"You know Sarina, right?" Lucey said into her phone. "My flatmate?"

I couldn't make out what the person on the other line was saying, but I could hear that it wasn't a woman. So it wasn't her mom. Thank the lucky freaking stars.

But who was it? And why would Lucey call them? 

First, I think you should know something about me and my relationship with Lucey. Oh, wait...I totally just made it sound like I'm in a relationship with Lucey. Which I'm not! Not that I have anything against Lucey or same sex relationships...I mean...okay, I'm just gonna change the subject now. Back to Lucey and I. Oh, crap, I did it again. 

One second.

Okay. So Lucey is my flatmate (yup, that's a good start). Lucey and I bought our flat, or I guess now it was our ex-flat, after high school. Yup, right after high school. It's a extremely lengthy story (actually, it's not that long, I just don't want to tell it...), but "long story" short, neither of us went to college and we ended up getting jobs - hers at the aquarium and mine at the coffee shop - and living in this crap flat. I mean, the flat actually could have been a lot worse, so I guess we were semi-lucky. But it's nothing that anyone would actually have a desire to live in.

Anyway, back to the point. Lucey was like my sister. My sister who was also my best friend. She was always there for me, as I was for her. We were inseparable.

I had no family besides her. My parents were both the only children of their family, and both of their parents weren't alive. My own parents died in a plane crash the week before my graduation from high school. Yup, tragic. Terrible. How unfortunate. You poor girl. I've heard it all before. 

I moved into Lucey's house until the end of that summer. I think that was the time when Lucey's mom started to hate me. I honestly have no idea why, though. I think it was because she thought I was some sort of bad influence on Lucey. Which, by the way, I wasn't. If anything, Lucey was a bad influence on me.

Lucey had an older brother, Louis, who was in this band called One Direction. She loved the band's music, obviously, but I personally hadn't listened to them much. They became huge recently, but Lucey has lost touch with Louis. They use to be really close is all that I know. But they haven't talked in quite a long time, although I was pretty sure that the band was on tour. 

"Okay, well... I'm not fully sure how to say this. I know I haven't talked to you in a while and everything, but where are you right now?" Lucey asked into her phone and avoided all eye contact with me. She just continued to pace back and forth with the phone craddled between her shoulder and ear. Pacing and twirling her hair are nervous ticks of hers. Who could she be talking to that is making her so antsy?