❦ SEVENTY-EIGHT | YOUR HEART IS

CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT

The following day had preceded as usual. A relief teacher had taken over Mr Phillips class, considering he was arrested for being a drug lord and killed in his cell by the Black Hood. Everyone was now on edge, because the Black Hood had killed a Southside member whereas beforehand he had only attacked the Northside. Demarcus had taken precautions and boarded up the windows in the cabin, as well as made sure to attach five different locks to the main door and two to every window. His mother had given him the task of taking care of his sister when she left, and he was going to damn well make sure she survived.

Amethyst, on the other hand, wasn't on edge as she probably should be. When she arrived at school, another note was sitting in her locker, containing the words 'I'm Watching You' yet again. She didn't tell Jughead about it, she didn't tell anyone about it, because she didn't want them all to worry about her when they had bigger things to worry about.

Amethyst was sitting with Jughead, Archie, Veronica and Betty in a booth at Pop's, all of them just laughing and enjoying themselves considering everything that was happening around them.

Amethyst was just quietly sipping on her chocolate milkshake, listening to a story Archie was telling the group when her phone suddenly went off. High Fives' 'Jingle Jangle Jingle' started to blare out of the phone, and she quickly took her phone out to read 'No Caller ID'.

"I hear the Jingle Jangle Jingle on Santa's sleigh," Archie playfully sang out, causing the group to laugh and Amethyst to playfully glare at him as she climbed over Jughead.

"Well, that's a fitting song," Veronica chuckled.

Amethyst walked away from the group and answered the call before placing the phone against her ear.

"Helloooo," She said.

"Amethyst," a deep voice said from the other line. Amethyst instantly froze before glancing back towards her friends to make sure they weren't watching her.

"Ahh....New Phone, who dis?" She replied unsurely.

"I know you know who I am," he (or she) said. "This is the Black Hood speaking."

"Shit," Amethyst mumbled quietly.

"I've been watching you, Amethyst. For quite some time now," he said.

"Were you the one putting notes in my locker?" She asked.

"Precisely."

"Great, at least I know it's not some guy at school who has a crush on me," she said.

"Oh, on the contrary. I've been doing it for the complete opposite reason," he said. "You see, I'm on your side, Amethyst Moore."