❦ SIXTY-EIGHT | CAUSE WE WERE

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

Amethyst walked through the door of the Red and Black room just after eight at night. She walked in with bags containing cleaning supplies as well as food.

"Can I just say that this is heavier than it looks," Amethyst told Jughead, who turned around in his chair to look at her.

"Let me help," he said, before leaping out of his chair and taking some of the bags.

"I have a surprise for you," Amethyst said, reaching into one of the bags and pulling out a kettle. "This is so you can stay up all night long without having to make the drive to Pop's every few hours."

"Thank you," Jughead smiled before leaning in to leave a kiss on Amethyst's lips. He didn't intend for it to get heated up from there, but, fortunately for them, it did.

Jughead's hands found Amethyst's hips, pulling her closer to him and closing the gap between their bodies. Amethyst's hands slid down from his face to his chest as he started walking Amethyst backwards. Amethyst finally broke the kiss for air and she laughed when she heard him panting. "Please," Jughead begged, "do that again."

Amethyst leaned forward, kissing him slower than last time. When her thighs hit the edge of the table, Jughead picked her up and placed her on it. Amethyst tangled her hands in his hair, pulling his beanie off. Jughead smiled into the kiss, deepening it. He pulled away a moment later, trailing kisses on her jaw and to her neck. He was humming in delight as Amethyst played with his hair, before the door to the room suddenly opened.

Jughead immediately pulled his face away from Amethyst's and they both looked at Toni, who's eyes widened at what she walked in on.

"Oh, sorry, guys. I didn't see the sock on the door," she apologised.

Amethyst chuckled as she got off of the desk. "It's alright, Toni."

Jughead awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as the group were brought into silence.

"Um, ah, hey, look what Amethyst bought," Jughead told Toni, holding up the kettle.

Amethyst smiled. "I know Jughead gets grumpy when he doesn't have coffee every two hours."

Jughead lightly rolled his eyes as Toni reached into the box she was holding. "Huh," she said, pulling out a kettle. "I guess great minds think alike, then."

Amethyst awkwardly chuckled. "Yeah, I guess they do."

Toni placed her kettle back into her box. "I was just here to drop this off before heading off to see Sweet Pea," she said. "But I see that you already got one so I'm just gonna bounce."