Chapter Three- Broken

[A/N] Hey I know this chapter is late but without any sort of feedback it's hard to know where to go. Let me know what you think :D

P.S check out the song on the side It is amazing <3

Chapter Three- Broken

~Hitting walls and getting scars, only makes you who you are.~

Recap;

Just a the drugs hit my system and my world was once again thrust into darkness I heard the two words that sent shocks of fear into my very soul.

"Solitary confinement."

--------------------------------------------------------

I never wanted things to be like this. When I was a kid life was full of endless possibilities and never once in all the times I had imagined them had any of them led me here to this place, this purgatory where people who've lost the will to live or simply lack the means to go on come to spend the rest of their days.

I know all this because, this wasn't my first time in The Madison Owens Home for disturbed women. Not by a long shot. Although back then it had been known more famously as 'Crystal Falls', how it came to be called by another name is a story that like all other's must start at the beginning.

I was six years old when my tiny feet first touched the hard tiled floors of the Crystal Fall's lobby, I was so young and yet clutching my fathers strong hand we walked the halls in search of room 26. I remeber how anxious my father had been all morning, constantly asking me if I was sure I wanted to visit this place, he reminded me time and time again of the 'sick' people inside it and how I might not like what I saw, but I was adimant in going and come hell or high water I would get my way. Had I known then what I know now I wouldn't have been so stupid.

We took the elevator to get to the second floor and as those metal door opened I knew, even then, I had made a mistake. I wanted to turn around and go home but I willed myself to stay stubborn and see this visit through to the end, after all it would been the first time I had seen her in almost two weeks and in a childs world that seemed like forever.

Looking upwards I tried to gain comfort from my father but the look of sheer nerves on his face only intensifide my own worries, thinking back now I should have known he was no good, a father who can't even fake composure for his daughter has no right in being a father at all. He was meant to make me feel safe even if on the inside he was falling apart. She would have made everything okay.

I wanted to hit him in that moment, he was so weak and she was so strong. I remember wondering why it wasn't him in that place instead of her, he was the one who was sick.

I guess you could say my feelings for my father changed that day. I had once loved him, once upon a time the sun rised and set with him, after that day however there was nothing but bad feelings, pity and anger.

"Daddy, smile. Momma won't want you to look so sad."

I tugged on his hand as reassurance, although in hind sight he should have been the one reassuring me.

"Addison I'm not going in that room."

He hissed the word 'that' like it was poison and released my hand.

"But.."

I tried to speak as fear dropped in my stomach and I felt the sting of tears in my baby blue eyes, but my father simply shook his head and gave my small shoulders a push to urge me on.

"Don't be all day in there, I have a meeting later and I'll leave with or without you."

I stood there. Shocked. This man wasn't my father, he had never been so abrupt and harsh with me before, his tone stung like a bee and only made my tears fall more freely.