21. The defiance

"It's time you stay with your husband. He needs you." Arnav's intense eyes full of confidence grilled holes into her hazel orbs.

She at once extracted herself out from his hold and he let her go feeling a restless feeling building up inside him.

What he wouldn't do to hold her in his arms forever

She took a step back turned around and without a word was about to go when his next words glued her on the floor.

"You do remember what you said to Shyam don't you?"

"Tell your Sale Sahab that he needs to get his shit back together before meeting me.We may have been married but I am not coming to live with him until he gets out of his sullen state."

She turned to him and looking into his eyes said.

"I do."

He suddenly felt nervous, apprehensive.

"I accepted that term and didn't come to get you in the last two months.Now I ... I am here to get you back...as my wife." He didn't realize his last words came out as a plea but his face remain firm, confident.

"I see." She nodded.

"So..come in." She stepped out of his way and gestured through her hand to come inside.

Shashi, Garima, Akash, Payal, Buaji looked on without saying anything as Arnav entered inside followed by Shyam who greeted them politely.

Khushi smiled at him in response which pricked Arnav in the heart.She didn't smile at him like that. Ever. Yeah ever since he himself pushed her away.

You didn't do anything ever which would make her smile at you either man! Came a voice from inside him shutting his jealousy there and then.

They all settled in the living room with Arnav's eyes never leaving her face as she sat on the couch across him between her Amma and Babuji. Shyam was sitting besides him, Akash and Payal on the other two couches on their either sides.

" Bua Maasi. You didn't come to catch me outside." Pari whined coming inside running straight to Khushi.

Khushi pinched her cheek softly.

"Sorry fairy. Your Bua Massi got stuck."

"Where?" Pari's asked innocently and then her gaze fell on the two strangers in the room and her eyes zeroed on Arnav who was keenly observing the interaction between Pari and Khushi.

"Who is he Massi?" Pari pointed at him. Even the girl noticed this man attention to her Massi hence asked.

Khushi's lips thinned which didn't go unnoticed by everyone including Arnav.

His heart sank. He cleared his throat feeling suffocated all of a sudden.

"Pari bacche.. go and eat your favourite strawberries. They are on the table in the kitchen. Go!" Payal said to which Pari jumped in joy and ran away to the kitchen and in her wake everything fell silent again.

Arnav didn't know how to start the conversation.

He has felt he would easily demand Khushi to come to live with him when he would reach here and when he did all of his confidence was burning into ashes.

Still he has to gather himself he can't afford to be weak at this moment.

So he looked up into her eyes and said demanded earnestly.