Chapter 9: The Truth Comes Out

-Emily's POV-

When I wake up, Aida's not in the bed next to me. Curious, I get out of bed and walk downstairs, looking for her. "Aida," I call out when I don't see her.

Suddenly, I see Ailith standing in the middle of the room, smirking. "Hey, Winchester," she says.

"Ailith, what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask, suddenly angry.

"Relax, Emily. We're friends, remember?"

"We're not friends," I say as I step closer. "Now you need to tell me whatever you came here to say and get the fuck out."

She laughs. "Oh Emily, I'm not really here. I'm in your dream. That's why your girl isn't here. I knew you wouldn't let me really be here, so this was the best way to reach you."

I roll my eyes at her. "What do you want?"

"You need to go. Sam and Dean are in trouble," she warns, and I start to worry.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I ask, trying to cover my concern.

"Emily, I'm trying to get you to trust me. Why would I lie?"

She does have a point, but she's a demon, and all demons do is lie. "What kind of trouble are they in?"

"I'm not exactly sure, but I'm blocked off, so it must be big. They need your help, Emily."

Running my hands through my hair, I say, "They've been hunting longer than I have. I'm sure they're fine. Even, if they are in some kind of trouble, there's not much I could do to help."

Ailith sighs. "They need you, Emily."

"Fine. I'll go when I wake up," I say giving in.

"Good," she simply says snapping her fingers, and I wake up for real this time. Aida's laying in bed next to me. I lightly run my fingers across her cheek and get out of bed. I know I can't leave without saying goodbye to Aida, so I go downstairs to make us some breakfast.

As I'm struggling to make some omelets, I hear Aida come down the stairs. "Good morning, sunshine," I say as she walks over to me.

She smiles and wraps her arms around me from behind. "You're doing it wrong," she says as she watches me cook. I frown, and she laughs lightly and helps me so I don't completely fuck up our breakfast. 

"What would you do without me?" she mutters as we finish cooking.

"Probably burn down the cabin," I say as I sit down across from her.

Aida laughs and smiles at me. "So, today I was thinking we could go for a walk on the trails, and then we can go into town for lunch at that dinner you really like. Then tonight we could have a movie marathon."

I sigh and look up at her smiling, excited face. "Aida," I say reaching across the table and grabbing her hand. "I have to go back. Sam and Dean need me. They've been blowing up my phone, and the last text said that they needed my help. I'm sorry Aida, but I have to go," I say, my voice breaking.

Her face falls. "It's fine," she says forcing a sad smile on her face, and she gives my hand a little squeeze. "You have to do what you have to do. Besides, my parents are probably mad that I left without telling them."

"Aida, I'm sorry," I say.

She shakes her head and smiles. "You don't need to apologize. I understand."

"Hey, maybe you can come to the bunker one day. It's not luxurious, but it's still pretty cool," I say smiling up at her.

"I don't care where we are, as long as you're there. We could be in a hole in the ground, or in the most expensive hotel in the world, and I wouldn't care as long as I was with you."

---

After a hard goodbye and five hours of driving, I'm pulling up to the bunker, ready to face whatever happened to Sam and Dean. With a heavy sigh, I open the door that leads into the bunker. "Dean," I call out as I start down the stairs.