14. Double Date, Double Trouble

~Double Date, Double Trouble~

I got out with the keys in hand as everyone followed me, Louise and Lucian were still bickering and Kayden smiled at me sheepishly. He knew why we'd come out here then.

"Home sweet home for the next week." I muttered as I pushed open the front door and stepped inside. The place was simple, as the door opened into the living room and kitchen. Two couches lined the walls as the fire place was built into the opposite wall and a coffee table lounged in the centre of the room.

I ventured further into the chalet and noticed the bathrooms were en-suit and there were only two rooms. I chuckled and kept my mouth shut to see how long it would take for Lucian and Kayden to figure it out.

"Hey, why don't you guys sort out the bags and clothes while me and Louise sort out the fire and t.v." I suggested and they all nodded quietly. Louise came and sat beside me on the floor in front of the fire place as I thought about the heat and warmth of fire. I rotated the burning flame in my hand and set it onto the wood in the fire place.

"There are only two rooms." I heard Louise mutter quietly as she watched me in fascination.

I smiled, "I already know, I'm just waiting..." I chuckled.

"Aréthusa!" Lucian's shouts followed in from the hallway and I watched as Louise's face contorted in horror and rejection. I scowled at Lucian as he stepped into view, he saw my gaze and flinched.

"Yes, there are only two rooms. Yes, I am very aware of that. Do you have a problem with sharing a room with Louise?" I growled and he looked taken aback.

"N-n-no. Do you mind Louise?" He looked around me and towards Louise. She shook her head slowly whilst looking at the floor and I sighed, "Do you want to come help me sort some things out then, Lou?" He added slowly and I smiled genuinely at him, he frowned in confusion but shook it off. She got up quickly and ran to his side, she flickered a glance my way and her face was alight with a smile.

I sighed as I turned back to the fire, it warmed my face gently and I encouraged it forward. I watched the flames bend trying to reach out to me but I shooed it away and smiled as it straightened and crackled its agitation.

"You're a fire bender too." It wasn't a question but I nodded and I felt Kayden step up and sit beside me.

"I don't tend to do much fire bending. It's the only element I have control over, even though I have no control over the sometimes visions, I do have control over this." I waved my hand against the flames again and grinned when they parted and danced with my skin.

"You're really amazing. Beautiful. Perfect." He kissed my neck with every word and I smiled and leant into his touch, "And I think Louise and Lucian are going to make up over the week. Was this your plan all along?" He smirked as he looked me straight in the eyes.

"No, Of course not. Why would you think such a thing." I smirked as his eyebrow quirked and a smug grin plastered his face. I bit my lip and held back my chuckle.

His eyes glanced at my lips and back to my eyes in seconds. I smirked and pulled away before anything happened, kissing would definitely set off the stupid Cravings and I really didn't want to start anything yet.

"Have you unpacked everything?" I asked nonchalantly then stared at the flames in front of me again. He muttered something as I turned around to face him.

He looked to me and smirked, "Nope not yet, I'm going to do that in a moment. I have a feeling I might be a little temperamental until, well..." He left the sentence hanging as he wiggled his eyebrows. I rolled to my back in laughter and he followed after me, we lay there laughing for a few minutes before Lucian walked into the room.