Chapter 16~ Questions

~Zack's POV~

The day of the coronation was...hectic. Although I do think everything went smooth in a way, I guess. I just can't forget about that small meeting with Mason. Was he saying the truth? I did feel a few sparks but they didn't feel...real?

Sigh, this is too much thinking for my poor brain.

"What is my lovely wife thinking about?" Came that soothing voice of Cinder, breaking me out of my thoughts.

Hmm, wife? Sounds a bit weird, would prefer husband instead but eh, I can live with it.

"Nothing much, just about the coronation." I answered with a small shrug, looking down at my hot tea.

Cinder simply hummed and kissed me on my cheek. "Don't think too hard, Zack. Or else you'll get wrinkles on your forehead."

I rolled my eyes, "Everyone will get wrinkles at a certain age. Well maybe not you, Mr. Vampire."

Cinder let out a laugh, then kissed at my neck. "Maybe you can be a vampire too. Just one bite, that's all." He whispered, pressing his fangs to my neck, but not enough to puncture the skin.

A shiver went up my spine, my breath getting caught in my throat. It would be nice to be a vampire, shit I get to live forever and be with the one I love. Yeah, I would have to drink blood, but there are actually no downsides to being a vampire. Well, none that I can think of at the moment.

"Ahem." Cinder moves off of me, and I turn and see Henry. You know, he's starting to become annoying. Just popping out of no where.

"Yes?" Cinder said while raising an eyebrow.

Henry glanced at me, then looked at Cinder, giving him a smile. Why didn't I get a smile?

"Cinder, you need to check over some reports." Henry said, and Cinder sighed.

"I'm sorry love, I'll join you in the dining room for dinner." Cinder pressed a kiss to my cheek.

I sighed and smiled, "It's alright, you do have a responsibility."

Cinder nodded and walked off, Henry following right behind him.

I brought my tea cup up to my lips, taking a sip but then cringing since the liquid has turned lukewarm.

"That was rude of him." Came that same voice from last night. I turn around and am faced with Mason.

I take a sip of my tea, "You are still here?"

Mason began to move closer to me. I set my cup down and tried to inch myself away.

Before I could get away, Mason had me trapped against a wall. A smirk on his face. "Yup, still here. I couldn't leave if I didn't see you once more."

Before I could reply, his lips were pressed against mine. Oh lord. What if someone sees us? Bastard get off me!

Wait- no...don't kiss back! Oh but his lips are so...yummy.

Slowly but surely I was moving my lips against Mason's, sliding my hands to his shoulders as Mason picked me up.

I can't lie, Mason makes me feel all tingly. Exactly like Cinder. This is so confusing.

"Ngh- Mason wait.." I managed to say through the kiss. Mason only hummed but did pull away.

"Alright, listen here you big idiot. We can't be doing this here...scratch that, we can't be doing this at all. I am mated to Cinder, I was basically cheating on him!" I squeaked out. Glancing to each side, thank the lords that no maids or guards were around. How lucky am I?