Chapter 30

Chapter 30

{Aubree's P.O.V.}

I woke up the next morning, noticing I didn't seem as weak as I had yesterday. I frowned slightly, they usually injected me with silver, making me very weak and tired.

I got up and headed towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower, and when I walked out, I noticed clothes on my bed. I pulled on the pale green spaghetti strap sundress that flowed down to a little bit above my knees. I put on the sandals that were there before walking out of the bedroom.

I saw Grace when I walked out, and she directed me to the dining room.

"Grace, what time is it?" I asked. I don't exactly have my phone and I didn't see a clock.

"It's 2 in the afternoon, miss," she said. My eyes widened in shock. 2 in the afternoon?!

When we walked into the dining room, I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that Xander and Drew weren't there.

"Mr. Morgan instructed me to take you here to eat, and then take you back to your room immediately after you're done," she said quietly. I nodded, taking a seat at the table. Someone came in with a plate of food for me, placing it in front if me. My mouth watered when I saw the food, I was starving!

I looked up, noticing Grace was just standing there. I frowned slightly before speaking.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked. She gave me a small smile, shaking her head.

"No miss, I already ate," she said.

"Please, stop calling me miss. Call me Aubree," I said smiling at her kindly. She nodded her head.

"Okay m- I mean Aubree," she said, smiling. I smiled back before eating my food.

Once I was done, Grace escorted me back to my room.

"I will be outside of your door if you need anything," she said. I nodded before walking into the room and closing the door behind me.

I looked around the room, trying to find something to do. I saw some books on the bottom of the coffee table and I grabbed one. I sat down on one of the armchairs, looking at the cover.

'Vampires and Werewolves' it read. I flipped open the book, seeing the first chapters were about werewolves. I skipped over them before finding the chapters on vampires.

Vampires-

They are immortal beings, either changed into one or being born one. To become a vampire, one that is already a vampire must inject a human with their venom through a vampire's bite. The process is said to be excruciatingly painful for a few days before the change is complete.

Newborn vampires have a raging bloodlust, killing by draining the blood of humans. They are often reckless, leaving death in their wake.

Vampires can be born, but only if they are conceived by a vampire and his or her beloved. They do age, but stop at a certain age. A vampire and their beloved would stop aging at the same age. All born vampires stop aging at different times.

Vampires have enhanced sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. They also have increased speed and strength.

Even though they are immortal, they do have weaknesses. Vervain weakens a vampire. A wooden stake to the heart or ripping a vampire's heart out will kill them.

All vampires have the ability to read minds. Vampires often build a "wall" in their minds to block out other vampires from reading their minds. Vervain prevents vampires from reading minds. Some vampires have other gifts. Only vampires that are born have gifts, but not many have them.