Mistake

Edit: November 13th, 2020

I woke up to a soft beeping sound. I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the bright lights.

"Ma'am? Can you hear me?"

I looked around to see a doctor looking at me.

"Yeah. Who're you?" I asked.

"My name's Dr. Cullen. Can you tell me yours?"

"Ivy Swan."

"Well Miss Swan, you took a nasty hit. Could you tell me what happened?"

"I was on the beach. I had been swimming for a while, and decided to head back to shore. I was drying myself off, when what felt like a semi knocked me over. I looked around to see if I could find what hit me. But I didn't find anything."

As Dr. Cullen wrote everything down, a nurse knocked on the door.

"I'm sorry to interrupt Dr. Cullen, but one of your kids is here."

"Have them wait in my office."

"Yes, sir."

I waited until the nurse left before saying anything.

"Do you have any idea what might've hit me?" I asked.

"Unfortunately no. But what I do know, is that you'll be left with a nasty scar. It should within a week. A nurse will be in shortly to have sign some paper work, and give you your pain medication."

"Okay."

.......

I arrived back to Charlie's house around supper time. Bandages wrapped around my stitches. Charlie was frantic when he saw the bandages.

"Charlie I'm fine." I said, sitting in the recliner.

"Fine? I called you earlier, only for Dr. Cullen to answer and say that you had been taken to the hospital!"

"Charlie! I'm fine! He patched me up! He said that all I'll be left with is a nasty scar. I'll be fine."

We went back and forth for a while before Bella separated us. I grabbed some ice and created an ice pack. I pressed it to my side as I sat at the kitchen table.

"So Bella, any plans this weekend?" I asked, before taking a bite of the steak she prepared.

"Yeah. I'm going to see my mom."

"That'll be good. Getting some separation from Edward will do you some good." I said, pointing my fork at her.

"Edward's......actually going with me."

I choked on my drink. While I was coughing, Charlie pounded on my back violently a couple times to clear my airways.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Bella he left you! In the forest! When are you gonna wake up, and realize that he's NOT good for you?"

I got up from the table and went outside. I was fuming with anger. How could she not see that he was a horrible person? That being with him is a huge mistake?

"Ivy?"

I looked over my shoulder, to see Charlie coming outside.

"I'm not in a talking mood, right now."

"I know. I just need you to listen. Now matter how hard you or I may try, Bella is gonna be with Edward. No matter how much we hate it."

"I....I just don't want what happened to me, happen to her, Charlie. Jack hurt me horribly. It took me a year to get over it. A year. I still have nightmares from it." I said, rubbing my arm.

My brother wrapped his arms around me, comforting me.

"It'll be alright. You stood up and moved past it. You grew stronger because of it. Mom and dad would be proud of you. I know I am."

I wiped my eyes, and pulled back from the hug.

"You always know what to say. You sure you wanted to become a cop, and not a therapist?"

Charlie laughed.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now come back inside. There's gonna be a late night game on."