Mai Gone Missing

Naru's P.O.V

I looked down at the now approaching country, Japan. From the plane's window, I could clearly make out Japan's capital city, Tokyo. It had been two years since I had set foot there. To my right, Lin -my bodyguard and assistant- was typing away on his laptop.

"Did you contact them yet?" I asked him, still watching the moving scenery outside.

"Yes," he replied. "Everyone replied but one person."

"Who?" I asked, uninterested.

Mai, Taniyama-san"

At her name, I couldn't help but get curious, though I did not show it. Two years had passed since I had last seen her, would she have changed? Keeping my face neutral, I looked over at him, "Really?"

Lin nodded. "She did not pick up once at all."

I sighed, exasperated. "I'll contact her myself later."

Lin nodded once again. "Yes, sir."

I went back to staring aimlessly out the plane window. Tomorrow, I would finally get to meet the SPR members once again. The 'Family' as to how Mai always referred to it.

Mai's P.O.V

Four large wolves came in to find me sitting in bed, reading a book.

One of the wolves came forward and growled. "You reading those nonsense again?!"

I smiled at him. "Layne, you know why I read this."

Layne was a dark black wolf with emerald green eyes that seemed to glow through the darkness. He was short-tempered and always controlling. Oh yes...I had almost forgotten, he was dead. More precisely, a spirit. The same went for the other three wolves that stood behind him.

"Yeah, it's not like she really wanted to come with us!" snapped the gray wolf. Lilac, the gray wolf, was unlike Layne. She was calm, patient and considerate, the opposite of Layne. Her eyes glowed cold grey, a beautiful colour that reminded me of snow. The snow I had seen on the day I was possessed by Senji. The lingering spirit of a lonely boy who wanted to be found.

"Please don't get angry and hate us," begged Snow, walking up to my bedside. Like her name, Snow had beautiful white fur and crystal blue eyes that showed great intellect. "Don't leave us, Layne may be like that but he wishes that you would spend more time with us."

I got out of bed, pulling the sheets off me. I walked over to her and gave her a squeeze. "I won't." I said, snuggling into her fur.

To her left stood Renji, a brown wolf with tender golden eyes that stared at me. Among all the wolves, he was most quite and shy. He rarely spoke but showed good intentions to me all the time.

Layne continued to grumble, "I don't see why you read those when you have us."

I stroked his fur, "I'm sorry," I whispered, not knowing what else to say.

The book I had been reading was a diary. The diary that contained all my memories during the time I had spent with SPR, my family.

The wolves continued to watch me as I changed into a white long-sleeved shirt, black skirt with black stocking underneath. I chose to put my boots on after I finished with my hair. I did not do much with my hair, simply brushed it and left it down with a jeweled clip to hold back a few strands to the back. Over two years ago, my light brown hair barely went up to my shoulders, however in the last year, my hair had grown dramatically fast and turned white, going all the way down to my waist. Probably a side affect of staying with the dead all the time.