Spain

Stepping outside I took in a deep breath. The end of my dress was clutched tightly in my hands as I fiddled with it nervously. My cheeks had already turned a rosy shade of red even though I hadn’t done it yet. But I was going to. The thought alone made my heart flip and butterflies fly like crazy in the pit of my stomach. Slowly I walked around to the garden where I knew he was at picking tomatoes.

“Spain?” I called shyly, my voice barely audible.

He perked up and turned around at the sound of his name, a basket full of bright red tomatoes pressed against his side. “Hola amigo.” He said with a smile on his face.

I blushed harder as I averted my eyes to the ground. “Can I talk to you?”

“Si, of course.” He said as he set the basket down and walked over to stand closer to me. Reaching a strong hand up he brushed some sweat off of his forehead. “What seems to be the problem?”

Damn it! He was so oblivious!

“Oh, I, um…” I trailed off at the end, still not having the courage to say it.

“Yes?” He said patiently, sounding curious. His eyes carried a soft look that made my heart skip a beat and I caught my breath. I was freezing up.

“N-N-No. It was n-nothing.” I stuttered as I took a shaky step backwards.

 He cocked his head to the side confused. “Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything.”

That’s the problem Spain. Something’s I just can’t form into words.

“Y-Yeah. I’m sorry for bothering you.” Giving a small curtsy I turned around. I was never going to be able to do it. I was too big of a wimp. Too big of a wimp…

My body moved on its own then as I turned around sharply and grabbed his face in my hands. Thrusting myself forward I pressed my lips against his. It was brief, only a second before I pulled back and could feel the heat emitting off of my cheeks. When I glanced at his face he was frozen in place, his mouth open ajar in shock.

“I’m so sorry!” I apologize quickly. “I-I don’t know what came over me. Excuse me.” I curtsied one more before I turned around and started walking away hurriedly. Tears started prickling my eyes at the thought of how I had just ruined our relationship and that he would never love me back.

I only made two steps before a hand grabbed my shoulder and I was spun around. I could only let out a small yelp of surprise before hot lips were pressed against mine. My eyes widened before they fell shut and just as I fell into the kiss, enjoying every second of it. It felt like an eternity before he pulled away.

“S-Spain?” I stuttered in shock. Quickly I snapped my gaze up to his face where I saw a smile lighting up his features.

The next two words he said changed my life forever.

“Te amo.”