All I need

May 9, 2012

Local sixteen year old boy, Cole Evans, was found in the New River Gorge National River. Parents found a suicide note in his room and phoned the police, only minutes too late. The reason for his death has been kept from the public. He had jumped off of the New River Gorge Bridge and plummeted into the river, spectators where shocked. A rescue squad found him but not in time. Family and friends of his are devastated. When interviewed his mom said, "If only we had known he was so depressed we would have helped." Classmates of his agreed by saying, "Cole tended to stay in his own bubble, no one knew there was anything wrong." A spectator from the scene even commented with, "He looked like a normal kid until he jumped into the river. I didn't even think twice when he passed by he seemed fine." We asked his parents if he had any justification on why he did it. His step-dad replied, "I don't have a clue.He had such a good life I don't know why he gave it up. We think it might be a medical condition that runs on his father's side of the family." The whole town in mourns his loss and questions his reason. 

------------------------- 2 days before----------------

(Cole)

I woke up and felt numb. I didn't really feel like going to school but I knew I had to. I slowly got up and changed into some clothes. I made my way downstairs. When I got to the kitchen I noticed the note on the fridge. I didn't even have to read it to know what it said. My parents left, like always. It was a reoccurring thing which sucked. They never took me anywhere, sometimes I even wondered if they regret having me. They're never home and when they are they have nothing to do with me. It makes me feel so unwanted when they just ditch me. I'm like there mistake or something so they have to hide me. I walked past the kitchen, not even bothering to eat. What was the use anyways no one cared if I did or didn't. I went into the bathroom and stood by the sink. I glanced in the mirror. I hated seeing my reflection, my blond hair was a bit messy but that didn't matter. I opened the cabinet and grabbed my razor. I need to feel something not just numb. I rolled up my sleeves and held my arm out. I had scars from before but I wear long sleeves or bracelets. I tore at my skin with the razor. I saw the blood before I felt the pain. Pain, it's just a concept it doesn't have to feel bad. I bet if you were told that pain was nice as a kid you'd actually start to like it. That's all you have to do. Train yourself. Obviously, I deserved this if no one cared. It was my way of stopping the numbness. The numb is worse than anything it makes me  feel like I'm not really there. It doesn't seem like I'm alive. Only people who are alive feel pain, therefore it fixes me. 

After I finished I rolled my sleeves back down and left for school. The whole day I just sat there. I didn't talk to anyone because no one talked to me. Who would anyways? I'm not worth there time. School always takes forever. By the time it was almost over I slept through three classes and was sent to the principles twice. The first time was because I had slept my first three classes. The second time was because I had started a food fight. When I reached the principles office I was told to go in. He was sitting in his chair glaring at me. 

"This is the second time I've seen you today, Cole." He told me although I was clearly aware of that.

"I know were practically Bff's." I replied sarcastically.

"Cole, this isn't a time for jokes. You are in alot of trouble." He snarled. 

I rolled my eyes but he still continued, "I'm going to call your parents and have them take you home. I don't want to see you here for three days." 

"Are you suspending me?" I asked faking shock.

He just dialed my house number. 

"Don't even bother there not home." I advised.