Chapter 1

I stepped out of the steamy shower, searching for my towel through a cloud of fog. Luckily it didn't take much time to find it.

I lightly wrapped it around my body, stepping out of the white colored walls of the bathroom to determine what I would wear for the day. I ended up wearing a simple plain white t-shirt, and jet black leggings. I paired my brown leather jacket and vans to complete the outfit.

After I snatched my purse from the side table beside my queen sized bed, I made my way out of my apartment to the local coffee shop that I go to most days. The time can vary, depending on whatever activity is taking up my time that day.

||

I pushed the door open, the smell of coffee beans and pastries immediately attacking my nose. I observed the small shop, noticing there was just one other customer accompanying me this morning. He was breath taking, black hair hanging around his face slightly, jawline sculpted to perfection,and piercing brown eyes sure to capture any girl's attention.

I ordered my usual plain hot coffee, purposely taking a seat at the table next to the boy. He smiled at me, opening his mouth to say something, but expeditiously closing it.

"Hello." a British accent rang in my ears, making the left side of my lips go up into a lopsided smile.

"Hi." I said shyly, losing all confidence I might have acquired before.

"I'm Zayn, and you are?"

"Jae."

||

"So you write?" he asked me, taking another bite of his blueberry muffin.

"I read, I write. Mostly mystery stuff.I'm actually working on a new book write now but I can't come up with a title." I said the last part of my sentence defeated, still frustrated I could not think of a good title for my new book.

"I could help you if I read it, yeah?"

I nodded, "That would be cool, thank you."

"Well I, uh, have to be going now could I maybe get your number?" He asked in a shaky, raspy voice.

"Sure, give me your phone." I responded, handing him my phone. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to hand a stranger my cell phone, but I would take the risk.

He quickly created a contact for himself, then gave me his phone.I did the same, smiling when I handed it back to him.

"So I'll text you?" He asked me, as if it was my decision.

"Yeah. I'll see you!" I told him, as I pushed the door open, happily walking into the cool air once more.