Chapter 18: Preparation

"Having some trouble?" I press the comm in my ear, "Let's just say its gonna be triple the trouble."

"Can tell. They need serious training, they don't have the basic idea on how to use weapons." Takahiro replies and I could hear him tapping the table.

"Did you get the others?" I peep around the corner to make sure they were still in the cafeteria.

"They're getting ready. They're acting as if nothing happened." I walk towards their weapons that I had laid out on a table. I took Jack's when he was distracted by the pain and Jacob's when he tried to stare into my soul. I continue to talk to Kahi whilst removing the rubber safeties.

"That's the way it should be. We can't let the new recruits find out yet. For now, we shall train them and gather more information on Jennifer's so-called father." I stand by the corner and watched as they helped Jack to the car.

"Weren't we suspended?"

I laugh, "Like we care enough, but I made him sign that report you had written so we have been given full access again. Our suspension has been moved up."

"Not canceled?"

"Unfortunately." I turn to see they were impatiently waiting for me, James mostly. "I gotta go, if you find anything, inform me immediately."

I pick up the weapons, a drink and an ice pack from the freezer before making my way to the car, "What was taking you so long?" James complains. "Was paying for your brothers' weapons." Not a lie, I left the payment at the usual spot. "Why are you paying for us? Doesn't that mean we'll owe you more?" Jacob asks with a worried face. "Oh, this favor isn't gonna be paid back in cash."

I get into the front seat and tossed Jack the ice pack and a towel from the front compartment, "Put that towel on your wound so your bandage doesn't get soaked when you press the ice pack on it." I say before turning to the driver, "Back to HQ please." I place the drink in the cup holder as thanks to him.

As we drove to HQ I made another quick phone call. Connections are always so useful. "It's me, I need you to prepare one box of flying disc safety and another of rubber bullets, the size of 38 auto." After the phone call I received a text from Kahi, 'Everything's ready'.

When we reached HQ, I dragged them back to the designing apartment. "Please tell me they're ready, Monsieur Steven." I swing the door open without knocking. I didn't need an answer, three male mannequins stood in front of me, fully dressed. "Pretty great right? I think this might be one of our best works given the short time period." Steven exchange glances with his assistant. "Talk me through them." I say as Amy drags a chair over to me and I sit, crossing my legs with my arms on the rests.

All were designed with the same concept but made differently for individuality. "I have gone with blue, green and red, or as I like to say bleu, vert et rouge. Bleu for Jacob, vert for James and rouge for Jack." As he explains he walked behind each mannequin.

"For Jacob," He drags the mannequin nearer to me, "A white t-shirt accompanied with black jeans, blue checkered vans and of course continuing the concept, a blue checkered flannel to wear over the white tee."

"Moving on we have Jack's," He turns around and grabs the nearest mannequin which was the red one. "It is not a bright red for obvious reasons but also not maroon and it matches his personality." I glance at Jack and he just shrugs. Steven has a good eye. "He has a red flannel scarf and red shoes. White tee with of course black jeans and an oversize jacket. Gives off the exact same air he does."

"Last but not least, James'," Amy brings the mannequin over with a snap of Steven's fingers. "It is not a bright green nor dark like a forest green." He refers to the shirt. "Green, in the same shade, of course, checkered high tops. Black jeans and white shirt accompanied by a green flannel. A flannel scarf will be tied around his hip cause he is sassy like that." Steven snaps his fingers at that.

"Excuse me?" James asks as if offended. "Relax, I think it was a compliment." Jacob takes hold of James' shoulder just in case he tries anything. "Fitting, fitting! I'm running out of time." I exclaim with a few waves of my right wrist as I exaggerate though it was a white lie. Steven pushed the boys into a large fitting room which was honestly just a changing screen that Amy had set up. I watch as their shadows moved and heard the triplets' complains.

I quickly exchange a few texts with Takahiro before the changing screen was brought down. "Hmm." I hum in approval, Steven doesn't work here for nothing, all the outfits suit each individual for each individual. "Perfect as always Steven! Put it on my tab as usual. I need to take them to meet the team."

After goodbyes, I led the triplets through many corridors and doors, some needed feature checks such as the fingerprint or the eye. Some even scanned symbols on weapons.

"Welcome Vans," I started as I type in the code for this certain room. "to your first training session with us," The metal doors swung open and the people I expected to see were there. "the Night Reaperz."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Y'ALL I FINALLY PUT THIS UP. It was done a long time ago but I never came round to publishing it. It's much shorter than my usual chapters cause it was just about the triplets' preparation. I can't think of how to continue in this chapter so I'm gonna just move on to the 19th. Again mistakes might be up there but again hmu :)

Peace, Author Angel