Rain drops

It was hard to tell she was crying through the heavy fall of rain drops. But the boy could see then. He could see the tears just fine.

the boy in front of her took another step towards her, and she leveled her silver and red pistol shakily at his head.

The boy smiled. "What's the matter Kairi?" he said taking another step towards the girl with the gun. "This is your job. To kill those like me. Pull the trigger."

The girl knew she should do it. If she didn't, not only would he kill her but the entire world would come an end.

He took another step towards her, the barrel of the girls gun now touching is forehead.

"If you don't kill me, I will kill you." The boy said with a blank expression on his face.

Kairi knew it was true. No matter how much she wished it wasn't. But she couldn't bring herself to pull the trigger.

The two stood in silence for a moment in the hard falling rain. Staring into each other's eyes. Tears streamed harder down Kairi's face as she saw the killing intent in his eyes.

"Why?" she asked quietly.

The boy chuckled and responded, "isn't it obvious Kairi? I hate this word and everything in it." He paused and Kairi saw the hate in his eyes as he said, "including you."

Kairi's heart completely broke. He hated her. The man she loves hates her. She felt as though her world stopped existing. She couldn't feel anything.

Kairi's arm fell limp at her side and the gun fell to the floor. She looked down, numb and dead inside.

The boy sighed. "Guess you couldn't kill me after all." He kissed her forehead then whispered in her ear, "Goodbye kairi."

In a blur of movement, he thrusts his hand through her chest and out her back, piercing her heart.

Kairi's body jerked as he pulled his arm out of her chest.

The boy watched as kairi's body fell limp to the ground at his feet. He knelt down and rolled her on her back, and stared into her dying eyes.

She stared into his eyes as darkness started to creep at the edge of her vision.

"I-I love you." She choked out before taking her last breath.

The boy stared at her a moment longer, before closing her eyes.

He stood up and walk the opposite direction of the girls lifeless body.

He'd steeled himself for what he had to do. He'd prepared for this. He convinced himself that this was his path. The path of darkness was his destiny.

He gave himself to the darkness already. Then why? Why as has he walked away in the heavy fall of rain drops was it easy to see he was. crying.