Chapter 5, Nefareous

Chapter Five

Idella

She moves faster than lighting, her sword slashing everything in her way. Straw is flying everywhere and she is a blur. That wicked blade of hers shines sliver as it catches the light. She does not pause for breath her short mouse brown hair swirling around her.

Nothing can stop her now. I am awed by the speed she moves at. She seems oblivious to her surroundings intent on destroying the straw dummies around her. With one final slash, she stops, breathing heavily.

 She slides her sword into her scabbard. The circle of people around her who were watching in awe start to clap. Nothing is left around her but a pile of broken straw.

Emily smiles and I see her eyes flash red, just for a moment. It has been three and a half weeks since she started forging her sword. Now it is finished and she had just tested it out. Twelve straw dummies destroyed in under a minute. "Have you named it yet?" she nodded "Nefarious"

 My worries had been growing in the past few weeks. Emily had become obsessed with forging the blade, staying up late at night getting up early spending every free moment on it.

It worried me, this sword. Even with a normal sword, she is an amazing fighter but now with this blade made just for her and only her, well I just witnessed what it can do. She fingered the handle; the blood-red garnet stone glinted in the sunlight.

Seeing her with this blade, I am afraid.