Chapter One

DELICATE SNOWFLAKES FELL FROM the sky, landing on my outstretched mittens.

You can do this, Claudia.

I slid my hand out of the red, wool mitten and into my pocket. I fished out a single key and inserted it into the lock. After the bolt released, I pushed through the door. Familiar smells took me back to my childhood. My family used to spend every Christmas at the cabin. A week of home cooked meals, building snowmen, swapping gifts, and decorating the biggest tree we could cut down and drag into the house.

I shook my head, sending the memories back to their hiding spot.

Pulling my suitcase into the cabin, I switched on a few lights and made my way over to the thermostats.

Fifty-five degrees. Brrrrrr!

Slipping my other hand out of the mitten, I rubbed my hands together before turning the temperature up to sixty-eight.

I paused. Who am I kidding? I bumped it up to seventy. I couldn't work on my book if my fingers were cold, right?

Butterflies filled my stomach. I had decided to come up here for my entire winter break with the goal of finishing my very first novel. I had about fifty thousand words, but I had been struggling with a combination of writer's block and intense finals.

My gaze fell on the massive fireplace in the middle of the family room. I needed to get some logs from the store. I made a mental note: firewood and wine. Lots of wine!

I left my suitcase in the family room and made my way into the bedroom I slept in as a child. Everything remained the same; the blue and green quilt on the bed, the picture frame on the nightstand, and a single dresser with wrought iron handles on the opposite wall.

A sad smile crossed my face as I picked up the picture frame. My family posed around a large snowman. My little brother, whose features closely resembled mine, stood in the forefront with both arms in the air, flexing his small muscles.

I turned it over, not being able to take the pain.

Leaving the room, I grabbed my purse and headed out to my car. The winter air bit at my face. I ran through the plot of my story as I drove into town. My main character had fallen in love with a jerk. He treated her like garbage but she kept going back for more. She loved him. It wasn't until he attacked her that she started to realize that things had gotten out of hand. She tried to leave, but the abuse became more intense.

That was it. I couldn't decide how to end the story.

Should Sasha, my main character, survive? Should she live happily ever after? Should she go to jail for killing the asshole?

I huffed loudly. Why can't I figure this out? The first part of the novel had come so easily. But the ending... That was another story.

I closed my eyes in disgust, just for a moment. When I opened them, I let out an ear-piercing scream and swerved to the left as far as possible.

***********

Cliffhangers,

Welcome to SNOWED IN! I will be posting twice per week until the entire story is published on Wattpad. It's the perfect snowy read for the wintry months! If you are in the southern hemisphere, hopefully it will get you in the mood for the holidays!

What I really like about this story is that it mixes the romance and thriller genres. Pretty much the best of both words! :) <3

Look for another update coming your way soon!

Thank you to LucyFace for the amazing original cover and rdiamond89 for the stellar editing job! I've created a new cover and just uploaded it. I can't wait to hear what you think! 

Hearts and Daggers,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. Don't forget to add this story to your library and as always, all votes and comments are hugely appreciated! <3 

 Don't forget to add this story to your library and as always, all votes and comments are hugely appreciated! <3